[donotprint]Until recently I hadn’t tried baked oats, I wasn’t even a big fan of oats themselves! That was until I came across a baked oatmeal creation @PB Fingers. Inspired by the posts and recipes of Chocolate Covered Katie I experimented with her recipe for baked oats for one and created a super healthy (bar the cocoa though I appreciate the health benefits!) single serving Chocolate and Raspberry Baked Oats Cake.[/donotprint]
Chocolate and Raspberry Baked Oats [print_link]
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 90ml (1/3 cup) soy milk
- 10g (1 tbsp) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp Splenda (or Stevia)
- Preheat the oven to 220C (400F)
- Mix oats, cocoa powder and Splenda in bowl.
- Transfer mixture to ramekin dish (small oven proof container)
- Pour in the milk
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and remove oat cake from the dish.
- Place the oat cake upside down under a grill (broiler) for 2-3 minutes until crisp and repeat on the top side.
- Eat straight away, keep chilled in the fridge, or freeze for a rainy day!