[donotprint] After my distressing night last night (a tad melodramtic perhaps now when I put it all in to perspective!), and my celebratory breakfast this morning I decided what better way to make the most of my day off work than with a spot of baking!
I’m still becoming acquainted with this “wheat and dairy free” living and although I don’t usually crave a whole lot “treat” foods now that I can’t eat the majority of them it’s sparked yearning! I got my thinking cap on and decided I’d give Blueberry Scones a go having found a recipe online which I adapted to meet the needs of my finicky stomach.
It didn’t go exactly according to plan…there was a bit of a blunder, but all was not lost and I created healthfied Blueberry Muffins! 🙂 [/donotprint]
Healthy, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Fat Free
Scones Muffins [print_link]
- 240g (2 cups) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 140g (1 cup) frozen blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Splenda (optional)
- 300ml (1 1/4 cup) soy milk
- Light spray oil
- Preheat oven to 220C (400F).
- Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, blueberries, lemon zest and lemon juice, cinnamon and Splenda/Stevia (if sweetness is desired) in a bowl.
- Add the soy milk to the mixture and whisk up until all completely combined.
- Spray your muffin tray with light oil spray (1-2 sprays per section).
- Divide the mixture evenly between the sections (filling 6-12 depending on whether you want small or large muffins!)