[donotprint]I usually save Sunday mornings for my breakfast indulgences but after dinner last night I was perusing the recipes on some of my favourite blogs, when I came across Angela’s Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits!
They had my mouth watering, despite having just demolished my generous portion of Risotto so I was straight back to the kitchen to put together some overnight oats in preparation for this morning’s assembly.
Vegan Peach Plum Cobbler Overnight Oat Parfait!
Edging towards Autumnal, the perfect way to use up the last of the summer peaches and introduce one of the fruits of the season. Plums and Peaches, a marriage made in heaven (in my opinion anyway!)
My Peach and Ginger Overnight Oat worked out so well to down a similar road with the basis for the parfait… Spiced Peach Overnight Oats!
Although Angela’s Parfait looks and sounds amazing I try not to eat too many bananas as my intolerant digestive system is not a huge fan, so I opted for layering with soy yoghurt, stewed plums and some fresh peach slices.
A few crushed pecan nuts between the layers gave the whole creation a lovely bit crunch.
It not only looks incredibly inviting it also tasted sensational and yet it’s super healthy and requires very little effort to prepare. I think this one might start to feature during the week!
A long sundae style spoon is a must to dig down through the layers (nothing worse than the last few delicious mouthfuls being out of reach!)
Like Angela, I’ve gone from eating very little for breakfast; perhaps a measly minuscule supermarket bought cereal bar or a piece of fruit, to THE ABOVE!
Breakfast, at the weekend at least, is steadily becoming my favourite meal of the day. Breakfast for lunch or dinner could always be an option!
Shopping, of the clothes sort, is on today’s agenda. I also need to pick up an early Halloween costume for Naoise…she has her own mind this year and has decided that she wants to be Buzz Light Year for the day!
Is anyone else thinking as far ahead as Halloween yet?
Or do you have any exciting overnight oat parfait ideas to suggest/share? [/donotprint]
Vegan Peach Cobbler Overnight Oat Parfait
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
- 30g (1/3 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 165ml (1/3 cup) boiling water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 peach (peeled and diced)
- 3 plums (use 4 if they are small)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 125g (1/2 cup) Plain Soy yoghurt (Alpro Soya is the best I’ve found)
- 1 tbsp chopped Pecan Nuts (and an extra one or two whole nuts for on top!)
- Mix together all ingredients for oats, ideally in a seal tight tub (you can cover them up tightly in a bowl with cling film if you don’t have a tub) and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Peel your plums, chop and place with all other “stew plum” ingredients, bring to boiling point and simmer until the plums are broken down and the mixture is of a thick consistency (add a little extra honey to taste if you like) This takes about 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and place in the fridge alongside your oats if preparing the night before (it can also be done before you assemble your parfait for a nice a warming layer!) I opted for room temperature!
- With all layers at hand give your oats a stir threw and begin assembling your parfait alternating ingredients as you go (not forgetting your pecan nuts which I almost did!)
- Marvel at your handy work before sitting back to enjoy!