My meals have all been created in an effort to use up the last of everything fresh I’ve failed to eat my way through this week.
I’ve never roasted cherry tomatoes before but I will definitely be doing it again. They were delicious! I had a little nibble of them last night before I packed them up for lunch so I knew today’s lunch was going to be a good one.
Another thing I’ve never made myself is pesto. Straightforward enough to http://bookstore.ie/overnight-viagra make, pretty standard ingredients, but I of course wanted to make a pesto with a difference and Angela’s Protein Packed Pesto was like none other I’d ever seen before, truly inspired!
A creamy spinach and basil pesto sauce with a beanie base, Delicious and Nutritious!
I don’t have enough time these days to read all my favourite food blogs, but there is a few which I check out daily, even if a means a bit less sleep.
My favourite food blog page is in need of updating, I’ve lots more to add to the list, but here my top 10 picks.
- PB Fingers
- Oh She Glows
- The Healthy Foodie
- Fannetastic Food
- Daily Garnish
- Kath Eats Real Food
- Carrots and Cake
- Eating Bird Food
- The happy herbivore
- Clean Eating Chelsey
Who needs Couscous when you can have Millet!
Prior to my Midday Millet I staved off the hunger with one of visit our site my Vegan Apple and Blackberry Oatie Buckwheat Muffins… I heated it a little and drizzled it with a little honey. Perfect mid morning belly filler.
I shall post the recipe soon!
Roasted Tomato Millet Salad with Creamy Spinach Basil Protein Pesto
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Roasted Cherry Tomato and just try! Millet Salad
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 40g (1.5oz) Millet uncooked
- 250ml (1 cup) cold water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Black Pepper to Taste
Spinach and Basil Protein Pesto
- Handful of fresh spinach
- Smaller handful of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp cooked cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Place cherry tomato on a baking tray, drizzle with balsamic, season with salt and place in the oven for 20 minutes (until slightly charred and soft).
- Meanwhile cover Millet with water in a pot, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes (until all the water has been absorbed).
- For the fecledmi.org Spinach Pesto blend all ingredients together in a food processor or using a hand held blender.
- When tomatoes are cooked remove from the oven, stir threw cooked Millet with lemon juice, season with Salt and Black Pepper and pour over pesto. Garnish with some extra basil.