How can they possibly place cheese in the same “unhealthy junk” category as sweets and we choice fast food!?!
I felt the need to be “unhealthy” tonight and topped my mixed bean chilli with…
Cheddar…how messed up does that sound!
I am entirely against the idea of placing foods in categories, labeling them as “bad” or “good”. It’s all about balance and as much as I know television has an indirect influence on children, I’m not sure it can be blamed for the rise in childhood obesity.
On the whole parents should bear the control over what their child is eating, of course offering them a range of options to choose from on occasion, the variety of which should correlate to their age and ability to make sensible decisions. By banning foods or banning advertising of certain foods creates unnecessary negative attitudes towards food, and we all know it’s human nature to want what we can’t have!
If children aren’t educated, their food restricted and they fail to develop self-control surely as soon as they are given back the http://rostermccabe.com/viagra-online-pharmacy reigns they will over indulge in everything they have been denied?
I thoroughly enjoyed my serving of Cheddar this evening!
How can you possibly compare this….
Mixed Bean and Veggie Chilli with Cheddar Cheese! Oh so satisfying, oh so tasty, oh so cheesy!
I can’t say I feel particularly unhealthy after my meal tonight, is their something I’m missing?!
As with everything with the exception of cherries eating extra large amounts isn’t advisable (as tempting as it might be!)
What do you think about the “Cheese Ban” ?
Do you think food advertising is responsible for the rise in childhood obesity?
Mixed Bean Veggie Chilli
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 150g (5oz) cooked beans (I used black beans, pinto and cannellini)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) vegetable stock
- 200g (7oz) of chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 clove of we choice garlic crushed
- 1 tsp chilli (add more if you like it hot!)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp chopped dried apricots
- Pinch of sea salt and www.hexicamaerials.com pinch of black pepper
- 30g (1oz) cheddar cheese to foodphilosophy.com serve
- Sauté garlic, onion, carrot and pepper in little olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients with the exception of the cheddar, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a helping of cheddar on top if desired.