My trip to the farmers market today was very autumnal. The leaves were bright, the air crisp…
The leaves were a little soggy from all the rain.
Damson Plums, first time trying them and they were incredible.
and the fruit and veg on offer was delicious!
I know were to pick up my fennel when I want to tick it off my list of foods I need to give another chance!
I picked up some gorgeous little apples and the smallest satsuma I’ve ever seen…all were delicious.
And some incredible plump golden sultanas!
I’ve always been a fall fan, as a kid my favourite holiday was Halloween. How could you not love dressing up, doing the rounds and eating a bucket load of sweets!
Now the fall season means so much more…
- Pumpkin eating time (even if it isn’t canned!)
- Figs are in season!
- Time to shop for boots and a new coat to keep out the chill
- Hat wearing time which means less hair washing!
- Not feeling guilty about getting in my PJs early as it’s perfectly acceptable when it’s dark outside at 7pm
- You get an extra hours sleep at the end of the month with the clocks going back!
- Finally another bank holiday weekend!
Dinner was a strange one for me this evening…
Roasted Cherry Tomato and Goats Cheese Spanish Omelette.
Strange because I never really eat eggs or potatoes. I decided to give the Spanish Omelette a go seen as the potato went down so well last night and sure why not take a huge leap outside of my comfortable box and give something else I’m not so keen on a whirl.
It was more than a little bit apprehensive about whether or not my taste buds were going to be happy…
they were delighted!
My perfect little pan for one produced a lovely little Spanish Omelet. Not strictly traditional but the main components were there. I opted out of flipping it and placed it under a preheated grill (broiler) once the bottom was solid and slightly browned. I was too hungry to take the risk!
The last of the spinach and rocket salad on the side completed the meal. Now I simply must attempt to get an early night!
Roasted Cherry Tomato and Goats Cheese Spanish Omelet
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 3 medium baby potatoes sliced thinly
- 1 small clove of garlic crushed
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 65ml (1/4 cup) soy milk
- 30g (1oz) goats cheese
- 6 large cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Balsamic to drizzle
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leave parsley and chives
- Black Pepper to taste
- Rocket and Spinach to serve alongside
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place Cherry Tomatoes in the oven with a drizzle of balsamic for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place onion, potatoes and garlic in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil or some light spray cooking oil and cook for 10 minutes. At this stage preheat your grill (broiler).
- Whisk up eggs and milk and add to the pan. Once the bottom has set remove cherry tomatoes from the oven, place in the pan and drop in pieces of feta to the omelet.
- Place under the grill until set on top and slightly browned. Top with fresh herbs and serve with a side of fresh rocket and spinach salad. Season with black pepper.