Not to take away from tonight’s AMAZING dinner featuring the last of my pricey figs.
Fig and Basil Pasta!
Figs and Pasta, not a combination that might immediately pop in to your mind but the combination worked a treat. The roasted red pepper (the left over pepper from yesterday’s beans) was a great little added extra.
Yesterday started with an incredible Blueberry, Plum and Pineapple Smoothie!
Followed by Vegan Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats… Devine!
These were slightly superseded by my lunch…Fig, Peach, Feta and Green Bean Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette!
I kept myself going until dinner with 3 Satsuma’s and 2 MORE plums…which I neglected to take a photo of!
Roasted Cauliflower Lemon Parsley Pasta with Toasted Pinenuts; the second Cauliflower dinner of this week, it’s hard to pick a favourite; they were complete opposites and both extremely moreish!
Before bed I had a bowl of red grapes, prunes and dried apricots with two squares of 90% Dark Lindt Chocolate. The only constant of my meals throughout the week!
Did you have anything nice to eat today, yesterday or any day recently that stands out in your mind?
Could you pick a favourite meal out of your day today? [/donotprint]
Fig and Basil Pasta
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 2 medium figs
- 45g (1.5oz) of Spelt Spaghetti
- 1/2 roasted red bell pepper sliced finely
- 2 generous handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh basil shredded
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Parmesan Shavings Garnish
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Slice figs in to quarters and place under a preheated grill (broiler) for 5-8 minutes (turning once).
- Meanwhile cover Spaghetti in boiling water and cook for 8 – 10 minutes.
- When Pasta is cooked drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, stir threw spinach allowing it to wilt, stir in red pepper and figs and garnish with Parmesan and season with Black Pepper to taste.