This mornings breakfast was a little on the pricey side…
Vegan Raspberry and rostermccabe.com Chocolate Overnight Oats Parfait…with Pistachios which came at a premium!
Pistachios… €5.00 (if I had of both the de-shelled bag it would have set me back close to €10.00!!!!)
When I saw the bag of roasted de-shelled pistachios priced at €10.00 I almost fell out of my standing, though had I not found a cheaper bag, shells included, I would have taken the hit. That’s how much I wanted them!
Ok so I didn’t use the full bag of Pistachios for my Parfait….
Oh so worth it!!!
Why are nuts so darn expensive?
More of a statement than a question in my mind but I figured I’d Google it as I have a tendency to do when the answer escapes me which usually proves quite successful….
Not today! Basically just a whole load more people asking and complaining about the price of nuts!
- Pine Nuts
My Favourite Nuts
You can see my problem!
What are your favourite nuts?
Do you happen to know why nuts are so expensive?
Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats Parfait
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats
- 30g (1/3 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 85g (1/3 cup) fresh raspberries
- 125ml (2/3 cup) boiling water (I like my oats sticky so add a little more or add cold milk before serving to loosen if you prefer)
- 2 tsp honey
Parfait Add Ins
- 125ml (1/2 cup) plain soy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 125g (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 1 heaped tbsp frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix together all ingredients for overnight oats and place in a seal tight container in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the raspberry sauce place raspberries, honey and water in pan, bring to the boil and simmer or 3-5 minutes (until slightly thickened)
- Assemble parfait layering oats, yoghurt, fresh raspberries, pistachios and sauce