[donotprint] I made a new flavour combination discovery during the week which I haven’t yet post…chocolate, orange and pistachios in smoothie form.
It was absolutely incredible. I usually don’t mess with chocolate, I like it plain and dark, and would never opt for a bar of chocolate orange. Orange and chocolate mixed together, chilled and served up with pistachios on top is a totally different story.
It was smoothie heaven! My strawberry chocolate overnight oatstopped with pistachios confirmed my love for the chocolate and nut combination but with the addition of orange…there are no words! I have been trying hard to think of them.
Needless to say chocolate, orange and pistachios is likely to feature heavily over the coming days.
The smoothie was creamy, thick and frothy on top. The orange cut right through the chocolate to ensure the whole thing wasn’t too heavy and the pistachios, which I stirred threw in an effort to save some topping for my last few bites, were what made this smoothie complete.
Have it for breakfast, lunch, or serve it up for dessert…it doesn’t matter when, just give it a try!
- Chocolate, Orange and Pistachio ideas
- Chocolate, Orange and Pistachio Overnight Oats
- Chocolate, Orange and Pistachio Overnight Oats Parfait
- Chocolate, Orange and Pistachio Baked Oats
- Chocolate, Orange and Pistachio Pancake Stack
- Chocolate, Orange and Pistachio Muffins
I may or may not make them all, depending on how soon I get fed up of the combination! It might be one I revisit next weekend. I definitely won’t fit them all in this weekend! I have other muffin and breakfast plans that also need addressing! I may need to invest in another bag of the expensive pistachios sooner than I anticipated.
I now have spelt burger buns to get to making! [/donotprint]
Chocolate, Orange Pistachio Smoothie
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 85ml (1/3 cup) soy milk
- 4 Satsuma’s or Clementine’s
- 125g (1/2 cup) plain soy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts (topping)
- Zest of 1 Satsuma or Clementine
- Blend together all smoothie ingredients using a hand blender or smoothie maker. A food processor or smoothie maker works best for smoothies that incorporate orange to process the pulp. There may be a small amount to remove otherwise.
- Top with pistachios and zest.
- Stir it up before drinking and eating to give it an extra zing and a surprising crunch to the last bite!