[donotprint] Two of my most sought after tastes all rolled in to one. Chocolate and cherries…breakfast just don’t get any better.
As I assembled my bowl of oats in the kitchen in work my colleague oo’d and ah’d… I think I may have to make my oats on mass some morning to give them all a try!
I cherish cherries like I cherish chocolate…if I could only eat two things for the rest of my life they would be cherries and chocolate. With my new green and blacks cocoa in hand my chocolate overnight oats laden with chopped canned cherries were more chocolaty than ever.
If you’re going to indulge you have to go all out and make the most of it! I topped the oats off with some roughly chopped pecan nuts, desiccated coconut and a couple of extra cherries.
Not forgetting the drop of soy milk pour around the oats which inevitably turned chocolaty…
Mixed all together it ended up looking a wee bit of mess but to get the full experience it just has to be done. They were incredible. I could have easily eaten another two bowls bowl but luckily enough lunch is only a mere two hours away; the joys of eating every couple of hours!
There’s only one thing for this combination…and that’s a pancake. Definitely on the cards this weekend; I’ll have to track down some fresh cherries again!
What’s your favourite fruit and chocolate combination? [/donotprint]
Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 100ml (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) boiling water
- Handful of chopped fresh or canned cherries
- 1/2 tbsp of Dutch unprocessed cocoa powder
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Couple of whole cherries
- 65ml (1/3 cup) soy milk
- 4-5 pecan nuts roughly chopped
- Mix together all oat ingredients and place in a seal tight container in the fridge overnight or for at least four hours.
- To serve mix up the oats, place in your vessel of choice, pour soy milk around the edges and top with cherries, coconut and pecan nuts.