I made up the pumpkin pie using the same spelt pastry as for my mince pies (using double the quantities this time around) and the we use it filling was based around that suggested by Angela over at Oh she glows; the whole pie was wheat free and levitra pfizer india perfectly vegan and it was delicious!
I can’t say it was as I imagined because to euromedforum.org be honest I’m not sure how I anticipated it to taste…the pastry was perfectly crisp and light, the filling smooth, creamy with just enough spice and sweetness. I had a nibble cold from the fridge and like it, I then had a nibble of it at room temperature but heated up…that was when it won my heart.
I unfortunately totally underestimated how much of a can a cup would consume and with the filling calling for over 2 cups…I have a mere half a can of buy generic viagra from india pumpkin left in the freezer and shan’t be making another pie any time soon. I ate about a third of the pie myself, so my pumpkin pie craving is well and truly satisfied. Making something else for Christmas dessert won’t be too much of a hardship; with emphasis on the “too” as it’s not like I would turn my nose up to another slice of pumpkin pie should it be proffered to me!
Seen as I’ve decided on pumpkin for dinner it might have been pumpkin overkill…I will savour the fond memories of this pie until the buy cialis at a discount same time next year; I feel making it outside of thanksgiving or Christmas time just wouldn’t be appropriate! It would be like having Christmas pudding in the summer or an Easter egg at Christmas. This from the girl who made a pumpkin pie, not at Thanksgiving but a week before Christmas and had it eaten long before the day arrived! Next year will be different.
The thing that shocked me most about the pie…well aside from it being super easy to make, it withstood reheating. As I placed it on a plate in the microwave I was full sure that it would melt/collapse…it came out perfectly solid and warm, ready to be served up with a scoop of not so vegan ice cream (it’s on my list of things to track down/make). Nothing like warm pie and cold ice cream; with grocery shopping to levitra in canada do and food to prepare I actually ended up having an extra large slice for dinner the other night…I didn’t want it to go to waste (the reasoning behind it went more like “hmm..wouldn’t mind another slice of that pie..and so it was pie I had).
Vegan Spelt Pumpkin Pie
Servings – 8 (8-9 inch pie)
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 1 hour 5 minutes
- 120g (1 cup) plain gluten free flour
- 120g (1 cup) wholegrain spelt flour
- 125ml (1/2 cup) soy milk
- 115g (1/2 cup) Vegan Soya Butter
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 & 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 100g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut cream (or almond milk)*, softened
- 1 tbsp Vegan Soya Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pure agave syrup
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 220C (425F).
- Mix together the flours and place in a food processor. Add in melted Soya Butter and milk. Remove for the food processor, form a ball and getting viagra place between two sheets of isaacs.ie baking parchment/greaseproof paper.
- Roll out dough until it is a approximately 1 inch (2.5cm) wider than your pie dish. Remove the top layer of paper, lift the recommended site pastry and flip over on top of your pie dish (if you don’t have a non stick loose bottom dish make sure to grease the tin).
- Press dough down in to the tin and stab the base with a fork about 12 times over. Place in the oven to bake without filling inside for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk together your cornstarch and syrup in a bowl. Mix together all other ingredients in a bowl, add in cornstarch and syrup mixture and stir well to combine.
- Remove the pastry case from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to try it 180C (350F).
- Having allowed the pastry case to cool for 5 minutes, scoop filling in to the crust, smooth over the top with a spatula or the back of tablespoon and bake in your preheated oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes remove pie from the oven and cover with tinfoil and http://awt.edu.au/real-cialis return to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Allow pie to cool for an hour at room temperature before placing it in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight to set.
- Serve cold/warm or which ever way you like it!