[donotprint] Merry Christmas!!!! God I’ve wished for this day to hurry up and come for the past two weeks and now that it’s hear I’m wishing it to never end!
Top of my list this morning is breakfast.
I don’t usually pay too much attention to Christmas morning breakfast; it’s not that I wouldn’t like to, I simply can’t afford the time. There is far too much other food prep to be done, people to visit, gifts to be exchanged…and rather than spending the day in my pyjamas or I do try and make a little bit of extra effort!
What has been known to happen is I have a not so fantastic or filling breakfast and end up snacking up until Christmas dinner comes around late afternoon, by which time I’ve actually filled my tummy without even realizing it and then can’t fully enjoy the wonderful plate of food in front of me!
Well not this Christmas! This Christmas I’m having something Christmassy for breakfast that will keep me going a little bit longer and satisfy my need for Christmas flavours all in one.
Baked mincepie and Clementine oats, topped with soy yoghurt (as you do), and a drizzle of agave for extra sweetness (with a big mug of hot water and lemon on the side!)
Chopped Clementine segments, a teaspoon of mincemeatin the centre, cinnamon, nutmeg, oats…and of course soy milk, baked in the oven for the usual 25 minutes. The perfect Christmas morning breakfast that can be prepared the night before, finished off in minutes in the morning with some extra mincemeat and Clementine’s.
Zesty orange and mincemeat just go so well together. Fresh, zingy and just filling enough, these oats were the perfect little hassle free Christmas morning breakfast treat. It’s going to be a busy day, and it’s started off on the perfect foot!
Have a brilliant day! I won’t be checking in until tomorrow morning! [/donotprint]
Mincepie and Clementine Baked Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 100ml (1/3 cup +1 tbsp) soy milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chopped Clementine’s
- 1 heaped tsp mincemeat
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp soy yoghurt
- 2 tsp mincemeat
- 1 tbsp of Clementine segments
- 1 tsp Clementine zest
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together all oat ingredients with the exception of the soy milk.
- Place a non stick or lightly greased ramekin; pour over soy milk, making sure to cover the surface so all of the oats get a soaking! Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- You can serve straight away or remove, cool for 5 minutes, and place under a preheated grill to toast the top and bottom (2 minutes each side).
- Serve warm or cold topped with soy yoghurt, extra mincemeat, a few Clementine segments, sprinkle with zest and drizzle with a little agave syrup!