These burgers have got it all…vitamins, minerals, protein, fibre and healthy unprocessed fats. Beans, carrot, onion, wholegrain spelt flour, sunflower seeds,flax…crisp on the only here outside, soft yet solid in the middle with fantastic surprising bit of crunch in every mouthful thanks to the seeds.
With my burger cravings on super drive which kicked off with one of these a couple of weeks back, quickly chased by my lentil, cranberry and chestnut one and now in honour of sharing the original burger I went back for round two; I had an inkling the pictures would only fuel my prevailing fancy for burgers so I superseded it by having one at the ready.
Each and every time I make burgers, whatever the variety, as soon as it’s gone I regret having not made at least one more. Well I’ve done it again…but they really are so simple and quick to make it’s not exactly hassle whipping up another one whenever the craving strikes. I would in fact make a lot more and have them on standby in the freezer if it weren’t for the fact that my freezer is as jam packed as Chelsey’s!
The lentil burger was pretty darn fantastic…but this burger was beyond incredible. There are no words to cheap discount viagra describe just how perfect it was…the smell of it wafted around the kitchen in work when I reheated round one (the one that supplied the pictures). My “desk neighbour” in the office was admittedly a little jealous…the inclusion of the gherkins only made to make the assembled burger even more sought after (they’ve almost become a compulsory component in my burger book, can’t get enough of them!)
Rocket, Tomato, Burger…the gherkins went on top along with a little squirt of tomato ketchup which was a bit of an afterthought but another much loved burger basic as are my buns (spelt burger buns the recipe for which can be found below).
As I’m writing this I have another burger baking in the oven…though this time I’m giving it a bit more of a Mexican vibe…though I can promise I will most definitely be nibbling on a few gherkins and perhaps resting my burger on a bed of them. If it turns out half as well as this one I will be delighted and will make sure to share over the weekend.
Vegan Seedy Bean Burger
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp cannellini beans mashed
- 1 tbsp wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely grated carrot
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (approx 10g)
- 1/2 clove of garlic minced (1/2 a tsp)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 1/2 flax egg (1/2 tbsp ground flax + 1 1/2 tbsp water)
- Sprinkling of salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Add onion and garlic to a pan with the only best offers olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together all ingredients and using damp hands mould the mixture in medium sized burger patty. Place on a non stick baking tray and qrono.com if you haven’t quite managed to get the shape just right now is your chance to fix it!
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes (12-13 minutes each side) until the outside is beginning to http://cedergrens.com/best-price-for-levitra brown and crisp).
- Serve your bun of leonardoolives.com choice (I made my own spelt burger buns – see recipe below).
Spelt Burger Buns (makes two)
- 1/2 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 66ml (1/4 cup) plus 1/2 tbsp Warm Water
- 105g wholegrain spelt flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp water
- Mix together yeast, warm water, oil and sugar in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix together cornstarch and water before adding to the yeast and oil mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour, combine with hands, cover and set aside somewhere warm for 30 minutes until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 220C (425F), before removing dough from the bowl and kneading for 5 minutes on a floured surface.
- Cut the dough in two and shape in to flat rounds approximately 2 inches thick and order cialis from canada place on a non stick baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack. Slice in two and stick your favourite burger in between!