I’ve spent a week searching high and low for buckwheat flour…the only “out of the visit our site ordinary” flour that the visit web site general supermarkets appear to sell in this country is spelt and even that is a bit hit and miss. Three different supermarkets and no buckwheat flour to be found so I took to the local health store and as would have it they were all out too!
Ok I will admit it isn’t all that long ago that I hadn’t even heard to buckwheat flour let alone tasted it but ever since my first instant bake and pancakes I’ve been a huge fan. The big attraction for me was when it came to using it to very good site make pancakes….just add water and you’ve got a batter in mere seconds (though leaving it in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill before use does make it a little easier to work with). It also of course wheat free which for my wheat intolerant tummy is just fan blooming tastic.
I’d imagine its distinctive slightly nutty with an undertone of fruit is one of those things that you either take to or immediately develop a distaste…in my case it was very much the former. I was a little surprised to find out that it in fact isn’t a grain but a fruit; a seed relation of rhubarb and dosage levitra sorrel.
Back to the point I was trying to make, one which I have been babbling on about quite a bit lately, if not on the blog, then in general conversation/when feeling in the mood of fibonacci-designs.co.uk air my grievances with the lack of variety on the shop shelves for those seeking anything other than the “standard”.
Luckily enough I had just enough buckwheat flour to make one last pancake and although I’m now saddened by my deficit/lack of there of it, the last remaining 1/3 cup was put to buy cialis good use. A single thin buckwheat and cinnamon pancake, with cinnamon, soft and sweetened apples encased, topped of with creamy soy yoghurt, and the we use it distinctive flavours and textures of walnuts and golden raisins (savoury and crunchy vs sweet and i use it juicy) and of course a drizzle of agave syrup to http://wordforgebooks.com/canadian-healthcare-pharmacy finish it all off.
I’m not going to lie, there is definitely a knack to making thin purely buckwheat pancakes. Once they’re starting to cook through and the air begins to rise all over I place the pan under a preheated grill to finish off the top side as they have been known to yourcrimesite.com break or crumble. They’re a little on the delicate side to say the least but when you get one just right it’s oh so satisfying.
An absolutely delicious breakfast with a perfect balance of wordforgebooks.com sweet and savoury flavours (not forgetting the sweet spice of cinnamon infused within the batter, what can I say, I’m a cinnamon junkie!).
Apple Cinnamon Buckwheat Pancake (recipe inspired by the Healthy Foodie!)
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 6 – 8 minutes
- 40g (1/3 cup) buckwheat flour
- 165ml (2/3 cup) water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 small red crunchy apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 1/2 small apple thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp golden raisins roughly chopped
- Agave Syrup to Drizzle
- Mix together all ingredients in a microwave safe dish and heat on high for 1-1/2 minutes (until the apple is http://turtlefiji.com/levitra-20-mg just soft though still retains a little bite).
For the pancake
- Mix together all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (though it’s not the end of the world if you skip this step).
- Preheat grill and then pour batter in to a non stick pan/skillet. Allow to cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes before placing under the grill for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Skim under the edges with a knife and give the pan a shake to release pancake before sliding/flipping on to your plate.
- Place apple filling in the centre, fold over edges and top with soy yoghurt, remaining half of thinly slice apple, golden raisins, and drizzle with agave syrup.