It had all the key elements of the cherry chocolate buckwheat bake, yet I was able to prepare it in advance, pack it up for work and http://blog.allstream.com/viagra-10mg decorate it as I so pleased just before serving. Of course “as I so pleased” included all of my favourites that make the combo that bit more special…fresh cherries, dried cherries, chocolate chips and coconut…
Cherry Chocolate Baked Oats for one…a simple indulgence that not only looks pretty inviting (if I do say so myself) but also tastes incredible. It’s sure to satisfy any chocolate craving! Though not quite up there with a brownie or even the bake in terms of indulgence, it’s a healthy mid week treat to be repeated over and over again.
The chopped fresh cherries baked in the middle of the chocolate oats melted in to the whole mixture, resulting in a soft, almost gooey, fruity, chocolaty breakfast oat cake. I didn’t eat it like a lady…savouring it went out the bookstore.ie window after the first couple of bites. Every forkful got that little bit bigger! I did however manage to save a couple of chocolate chips for the last mouthful.
A little crisp on levitra one a day the top, soft, moist and gooey in the middle…sounds like the perfect healthified chocolate cake to me!
Whoever said oats were boring clearly has never had baked oats!
A colleague commented on my oat cake as I assembled it the other morning, remarking at how pretty it was. She asked do I always put so much effort in to making my food look attractive…the answer is no! I always put the effort in when I’m creating something new, to be photographed or using my favourite ingredients as frankly they deserve nothing less than being made to look their best! I do however have several meals a week that look far from beautiful. Big bowls of roasted veggies topped with beans, avocado, the odd gherkin here and there…they usually include whatever happens to be at hand or needs to be used up in order to make room for yet more food in the always overly packed fridge.
But when you have fresh cherries, a plump chocolate cherry oat cake and delicious little dark chocolate drops it would be a sin/shame not to make the most of their natural beauty!
Vegan Chocolate Cherry Baked Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp Dutch unprocessed cocoa powder
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh cherries chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 5-6 fresh cherries (2 chopped)
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp dried cherries (about 10)
- 10 dark chocolate chips
- Agave syrup to drizzle
- Preheat oven to online ordering levitra 200C (400F).
- Mix together all baked oat ingredients with the achillcamping.com exception of the almond milk.
- Place in an oven proof ramekin, pour over milk, making sure to evenly distribute. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately in the ramekin or allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from the ramekin and digitaldoit.com place upside down under a preheated grill to toast the underside.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and pack up for lunch.
- Place 1 tbsp soy yoghurt on top, chopped cherries and sprinkle with coconut and chocolate chips. Serve with remaining soy yoghurt and fresh cherries on the side and a little drizzle of agave syrup over the whole ensemble!