While I bide my time to make the curry bread I decided there was no better way to curb my curry craving than to siobhanclancy.com create a mighty curried chickpea burger. I’m calling it mighty because it was so mightily tasty! Most of the bean burgers I make include a little flax egg, but with these I held off. The mixture was a little wetter than normal but I stuck with it, I just had this feeling they were going to work. Rather than sticking them in the oven or under the grill, my preferred burger cooking methods I decided to pan fry them which worked a treat!
Sealed on both sides, perfectly warmed through, the burger held together perfectly between my homemade spelt burger bun. I’m not a big fan of burgers that fall to pieces and squirt out of the edges of your bun…I have made and eaten quite a few of www.swellsurfcamp.com them in my time!
The curried chickpea burger was packed full of flavour…curry was obviously the best price on cialis predominant flavour, complimented beautifully by the red pepper, spring onion, carrot and parsley. To bind it all together I added in oats and pumpkin seeds.
Of course a burger wouldn’t be the complete without a complimentary topping. I whipped up my favourite quick and easy mango chutney, couldn’t be easier…the only important imperative element is a deliciously ripe mango, even slightly under ripe just won’t do.
The chutney also goes fantastically well with the curried celeriac fries which are satisfying my curry craving pretty much every night of the week! I will admit I did miss a little squeeze of tomato ketchup on canadian pharmacy cialis generic the side….
I was just far too lazy to go retrieve some as I powdered through the meal. I was over half way through before I picked up on just what was missing!
I’m not sure where my curry craving is behindmagazine.com stemming from but while it remains sky high I will be making a few more of these patties to have on stand by!
Vegan Curried Chickpea Burger
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 minutes
- 60g (2oz) cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp grated carrot
- 1 tbsp finely diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Blend together all ingredients with the exception of the olive oil in a food processor for no longer than a minute or it will become too creamy.
- Wet the palms of the best site your hands, scoop out mixture and mould to form a flat burger patty.
- Heat the viagra sample olive oil in a non stick pan. Place burger in the pan and we recommend cook for 3-4 minutes, until browned on the underside. Flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Serve on your favourite burger bun with a side of mango chutney to avteq.net dollop on top!