My mum’s apple pie’s are deep dish filled to cialis canadian the brim with stewed apple. Sweet, tart, soft yet retaining a little bit of bite. Why I didn’t use stewed apple in my oats before is beyond me. I don’t necessarily always have Bramely apples on hand (the best stewing apple by far!). That was until I took to creating my own alternative to applesauce to include in my baked goodies and cialis brand name now I’m never without them.
Some overnight oats are just extra special…a little extra effort with your add ins goes a hell of a long way. Previously I’ve just chopped up apple, heated it a little to soften and stuck it in the oats. Any sort of zslaw.rs apple on hand would do. Now that I’ve this variation there’s no going back!
They tasted just like apple pie! The tart apple, the sweet raisins, crunchy groats and creamy oats, made even creamier with the addition of soy yoghurt and almond milk…not forgetting the hint of savoury attributed by the addition of the http://westraydevelopmenttrust.co.uk/wpcms/viagra-mexico walnuts.
Plain and boring is not the way I do breakfasts…it’s a very rare occasion that I now have something pack up for breakfast that I don’t wildly anticipate and develop a hunger for immediately upon waking. Of course these apple pie oats would be made even more apple pie like if they had a little wedge of pastry stuck on top…but that might be taking it a little too far(or maybe just one to save for the weekend!).
The best breakfasts in my opinion are those that can be compared to a dessert, definitely more sweet than savoury, usually fruit filled and occassionally to lovelovefilms.com include chocolate. These apple pie oats lived up to and viagra to order exceeded my expectations by far. The little sprinkling of Granny Smith apple on top was a nice little last minute addition; apple pie oats…you couldn’t possibly overdo the apple, the more the merrier!
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away…”…how well proven the statement is…debateable, but one things for sure, apple pie overnight oats and definitely one of the best ways to squeeze that apple in to your day!
Vegan Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 7 minutes
- 30g (1/4 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 1/2 medium Bramley apple + 2 tsp water + 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 small Granny Smith apple diced
- 1/2 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tbsp walnuts
- 65ml (1/4 cup) soy yoghurt
- 65ml (1/4 cup) almond milk
- Agave Syrup to drizzle
- Place Bramley apple in a pot with water and sugar, bring boiling point, cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until soft yet still retaining some texture.
- Partially mash apple with a fork, leaving it a little chunky.
- Mix together oats, groats, cinnamon, boiling water and apple. Place in a seal tight container and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least for hours before serving.
- Serve topped with soy yoghurt, raisins, walnuts, and diced apple. Pour almond milk around the enter site edges and drizzle with agave syrup.
- Give it all a good mix up before digging in!