[donotprint] Inspired by a pie I created a pancake…
And from that pancake a parfait was born! One of the most incredible overnight oat parfaits ever! Blackberry and apple, but not just any apple, stewed pie like apple filling. Walnuts and currants, plenty of plain Alpro Soya yoghurt and a wondrous amount of fresh juicy, only slightly tart and kind of sweet fresh blackberries.
This combination just rules. The pancake was pretty incredible and I simply had to fill a glass sky high in honour of it’s amazingness. The only problem being that I completely over estimated the capacity of the glass which has been happening a little to often, in favour of my demanding appetite so inevitably I ate several large spoonful’s of stewed apple, picked on a handle of blackberries and nibbled on a substantial amount of walnuts and currants while I layered up.
I could hardly let the anything go to waste. Especially the stewed apple, it’s so addictive. A bowlful topped off with yoghurt and sprinkled with some toasted nuts, a drizzle of agave perhaps, a sprinkling of cinnamon…would make for a super duper simple dessert.
I wasn’t sure I’d like/be as madly in love with the stewed apple when served cold…I most definitely was! I sat there yesterday morning, magazine laid out in front of me, Saturday Kitchen on the TV, and while I savoured every mouthful I mentally planned what I’d be keeping my eye out and digging deep for when I hit the shops.
But first, before I share the recipe/steps for the latest parfait, you may wonder why I create one pretty much every weekend…
You see there are so many things I love about overnight oat parfaits…
- Quick and easy to prepare = more time for shopping of a Saturday!
- So adaptable…there are endless possibilities!
- Creamy and Luscious
- Fruity and Sweet
- Big enough to satisfy even my huge weekend morning appetite
- A vessel for nuts and dried fruit goodies
- Overnight Oats…never fail!
- Require only one hand to eat – ideal for a multi-tasking missy like myself!
- Packed full of nutrients…
- And of course…they’re irresistibly pretty!
What’s your favourite overnight oats combination??? [/donotprint]
Vegan Apple and Blackberry Pie Overnight Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 1/2 medium Bramley apple + 1 tsp water + 1/2 tbsp agave syrup
- 5 blackberries sliced
- 30g (1/4 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 160ml (2/3 cup) plain soy yoghurt
- 85g (2/3 cup) fresh blackberries sliced
- 1 medium Bramley apple + 2 tsp water + 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp currants
- Agave syrup to drizzle
- Place apple, water and agave in a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until you can mash the apple yet retains some texture.
- Mix together all oat ingredients, place in a seal container and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least four hours before serving. Mash blackberries slightly and give everything a good mix before adding to your parfait.
- Layer up parfait, oats, yoghurt, berries, apple, walnuts, currants and repeat all over twice more. Drizzle with a little extra agave syrup to serve!