No better solution than to whip myself up some baked oats last night, chill them over night and stick them on a plate with a whole heap of extra garnishes goodies to indulge my taste buds before getting stuck in to the madness that awaits me!
What better way to make use of the fresh rhubarb which seemingly is in short supply and high demand (two supermarkets and one fruit and veg. shop later and I managed to pick up a couple of bundles to have at the ready for a few recipes I have plans to experiment with over the viagra vs cialis coming days)…
Now I know some people eat rhubarb raw….but for me it’s all about it being soft, sweet whilst retaining a little bit of its sourness. The combination of rhubarb and fda approves cialis apple is canadian generic cialis online a classic; many a rhubarb and apple tart was devoured as a child, not single handedly but I made my way through a fare few number of slices over the years!
Stewing fruit and topping it with your favourite cool creamy side is one the quickest, easiest and most satisfying sweet treats ever with the added bonus of it being super healthy! Having it for breakfast is just a bonus.
The oats were packed full of stewed Bramely apple and rhubarb making them extra moist and giving them a much sought after extra bit of volume. Seen as I’d stewed more rhubarb and apple than the oats could handle, having eaten a few spoonful’s straight from the pot I packed up the remainder and served it up alongside the baked oats. Plain soy yoghurt on top, a little sprinkling of yet more rhubarb and apple and dusting of flaked almonds and golden raisins.
Super filling and super satisfying. So glad to http://skelfsborg.com/women-levitra see rhubarb back on the shelves (even if the rachelsagermosaics.com amount the moment is minimal!)…I’ll be making sure to stock up at the next opportunity, I have rhubarb filled plans!
Vegan Rhubarb and Apple Baked Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Stewed Rhubarb and Apple
- 2-3 small stalks rhubarb diced
- 1/2 medium Bramely diced
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 85ml (1/3 cup) almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp stewed apple
- 1 tbsp stewed rhubarb
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 2-3 tbsp stewed rhubarb and apple
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1/2 tbsp golden raisins
- Place rhubarb, apple, sugar and water in a pan, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until rhubarb and apple are soft but still retain a bit of their shape.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Mix together all oat ingredients with the exception of the milk. Place in a lightly greased non stick ramekin and pour over almond milk. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately or allow to cool, tip out and toast the underside under a preheated grill. Delicious served warm or cold with toppings strew over the surface and the surrounding area!