I’ve had a longing for these all week and actually delved in to the stack yesterday morning even though I was sharing my rhubarb smoothie from earlier on in the week.
Blueberry Banana Buckwheat Pancakes…I’m not sure what makes my mouth water more…reading, saying or writing those words, seeing the pics…or just simply remembering how absolutely incredible they were! Blueberries in pancakes or in fact anything baked are just amazing. I love the way they burst open and spread their juicy blueberry-ness to whatever they’ve been implanted in.
I over course couldn’t leave the pancakes undressed and so dug out my dried chewy banana and dried blueberries to sprinkle over the soya yoghurt topped plate of pure joy! So different to the last pancakes to pass my lips… zucchini bread pancakes a whole 7 long pancake craving days ago; but equally incredible. It was a toss up between the two last week and I knew whichever one I chose I’d crave the other until I got a chance to cook up a batch…
The possible solution is two mini pancake stacks; or of course I could just wait my patience!
Banana in pancake batter just makes for the most amazing fluffy pancakes. I was a little dubious as to whether or not I should plop the blueberries in to the batter or drop in to the pancakes once they were in the pan. I went with the safe option first, dropping in a few after the batter had a minute in the pan… The blueberries didn’t quite embed themselves as much as desired so I ended up throwing them in to the jar full of batter before cooking the next four which worked out swimmingly.
A drizzle of maple syrup over the top and they were complete. Rather than taking my usual “fork full” shot I dug right in….the only reason being I completely forgot as I was far to eager to get them inside my tummy!
I’m now officially out of buckwheat flour and with a longing for banana buckwheat bread ignited I’m on a mission to pick myself a bumper sized bag!
Vegan Banana Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
Servings – 1 (5 medium pancakes)
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 minutes
- 60g (1/2 cup) buckwheat flour
- 1/2 medium banana diced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 125g (1 cup) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp dried blueberries
- 1-2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp dried chewy banana
- Remaining fresh blueberries!
- Maple syrup to drizzle
- Blend together all pancake ingredients and set to one side. Just before cooking gently fold in 2/3 of the blueberries.
- Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup measures (1/5 of the batter) in the pan; three first and then two is my preferred method!
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes before flipping and cooking for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side. Serve topped with soy yoghurt, dried blueberries and banana and the remaining fresh blueberries.