And now I’m back to Strawberry and Rhubarb in the form of overnight oats!
Seemingly strawberry and rhubarb is more of an American thing, apple and rhubarb more naturally sought after and created by the British. I love both! The apple combo officially works fantastically well in baked goodies but when it comes to strawberries I’d much rather have them chilled, fresh and retaining their shape; mushy strawberries are just not my thing!
Flaked almonds provide a delicious bit of www.cobaltreview.com crunch whilst the sweet golden raisins cut threw any residual tartness in the rhubarb. Stewing the rhubarb is key, the contrast between it and bloomsburgpa.org the fresh strawberries is incredible. The whole mix is incredibly creamy and dessert like, especially when drowned in chilled almond milk (or your milk of choice)… Plain soy yoghurt would also work well stirred into the oats before serving.
Perfectly pretty and pink! My trusty little ramekin came in handy once more. I see a lot more overnight oats in my immediate breakfast future with the sudden surge in temperatures. Cool and creamy oats mixed up and topped with a wonderful array of goodies, including one of the Spring season fruits. How could one say no!
Some people aren’t so keen when they here the word chilled and oats… cold porridge doesn’t sound all that appealing. Warm porridge during the Summer sounds a whole lot less appealing in my mind! For me overnight oats are far from the image I have of cold porridge…I like my overnight oats with a bit of bite and chewy, a little on buying cialis without a prescription the sticky side, allowing whatever I choose to mix in to loosen them up and make them oh so deliciously creamy and irresistible. The inclusion of buckwheat groats is obligatory for that little bit of crunch and canadian rx cialis consistent texture throughout.
Which ever way you look at them…
They appeal! Teaspoon recommended in order to cialis online sales make the bowl last that little bit longer!
Rhubarb and Apple or Rhubarb and Strawberry? What’s your combination of choice?
Rhubarb and Strawberry Overnight Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 30g (1/3 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 stalks of just try! rhubarb diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh strawberries
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 1/2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 65ml (1/4 cup) almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp golden raisins
- 2 fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp reserved stewed rhubarb
- Add rhubarb, maple syrup and water to pot and stew over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes; until soft but still retaining some shape. Reserve 2 tsp for topping oats.
- Mix together all overnight oat ingredients in a seal tight container and place in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Serve oats topped with almonds, almond milk drizzled around the side and reserved rhubarb and fresh strawberries to finish off the breakfast dream!