I’m starting with the sweetest and enter site possibly dare I say it before I share the others, favourite of the bunch! My dad did the wow it's great usual secondary taste test and he preferred the more savoury cookies, but these chocolate chip ones were the ones I found to be the most irresistible. I made them Sunday morning, bright and early and well before breakfast, which inevitably left me wanting to mill in to one, but I managed to wait my patience and save myself until snack time.
The chocolate chips exploded a little which resulted in my fingers becoming a little messy, but no harm was done, licking melted chocolate from my fingers is not something I’m at all opposed to; though it didn’t help with my efforts to resist early morning cookie temptation!
Banana buckwheat chocolate chip cookies….oh my good God these are good! A chewy doughy cookie, sweet and cialis instructions chocolaty and 100% totally seductive. The waft of them from the oven was incredible. Baking anything with banana produces such a wonderful alluring aroma.
I’ve never been a big cookie or biscuit fan, primarily due to the fact that a lot of click here the store bought ones are a little dry for my liking and no being vegan aside from baking my own or visiting The Happy Pear for a sweet treat, there aren’t a whole heap of baked goods, let alone cookies meat my exacting requirements!
These banana buckwheat cookies are a dream come true! They have a little secret ingredient which gives them a little bit of protein hit…can you guess??
Chocolate Banana Buckwheat Cookies
Servings – 6 medium cookies
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 -15 minutes
- 120g (1 cup) buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g (1/4 cup) butter beans
- 1 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 small banana mashed
- 60g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 50g (1/4cup) vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Blend together almond milk, applesauce, beans, banana and maple syrup.
- Add wet mixture to flour and baking powder.
- Stir well to combine before folding in chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture on to a baking tray lined with baking parchment. The mixture makes 6 medium cookies but you could have course make 12 smaller ones. Flatten and shape using the back of cold damp spoon. Bake cookies in the oven for 12-15 minutes depending on only today how soft you want them. Allow to cool on a wire rack; they will harden up a little more once they cool.
- Serve with a tall glass of almond/soy milk for a classic combination.