[donotprint] Ok so I’ve nearly run this whole zucchini bread thing dry but I had one more thing I had to try before I gave in and gave up over playing it. What can I say, I just love zucchini bread!
So cookies…I’ve very quickly turned from not being overly enthused about cookies to the cookie monster thanks some home baking experiments over Easter weekend! First up were the banana chocolate buckwheat cookies, chewy, sweet and a vegan cookie dream come true.
Next up thanks to a the helping hand of inspiration from Angela’s carrot cake breakfast cookies I whipped up another zucchini bread themed good…zucchini bread cookies! Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, and packed full of texture and flavour to boot. They gave the banana buckwheat cookies a good run for their money.
The flavours of zucchini bread never fail to win me over and these cookies were no exception. I ate one, I ate a second and I could have gone another. Luckily enough these cookies are also pretty darn filling and thanks to the inclusion of wholegrain flour, flax and walnuts they pack a fair punch of staying power.
I only made a batch of six seen as I was on a bit of baking spree and I didn’t have the room in my tummy nor the room in the freezer to house a larger batch seen as I had so many goodies coming out of the oven.
Here’s a little zucchini bread recipe round up…
- Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Bread Green Monster Smoothie
- Zucchini Bread Oats
- Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats
- Zucchini Bread Baked Oats
- Zucchini Bread Pancakes
And last but not least (ok it’s more than likely not going to be the last time you see a zucchini bread inspired recipe but I’ll try give it a rest for a while…)
Zucchini Bread Cookies!!!
Do you have a sweet flavour combination that you just can’t get enough of? [/donotprint]
Vegan Zucchini Bread Cookies (inspired & adapted from Oh she glows)
Servings – 6 medium cookies
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 20g (1/4 cup) toasted walnuts chopped
- 40g (1/3 cup) ground flaxseeds
- 60g (1/2 cup) wholegrain spelt flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20g (1/4 cup) raisins
- 1/2 cup (1 small) finely grated zucchini
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 60ml (1/4 cup) apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place walnuts in a non stick pan over a medium heat and toss for 2-3 minutes to toast.
- Mix together oats, flour, ground flaxseeds, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together maple syrup and applesauce.
- Add wet to dry and stir well to combine. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Place large heaped tablespoons of the mixture on to a baking tray lined with baking parchment. The recipe makes 6 medium sized cookies. Shape cookies using wet finger tips to flatten and smooth around the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack. A delicious healthy breakfast or snack time treat.