[donotprint] Friday’s were made for treats, be it food, fashion or just simple fun! I say it repeatedly but there really is no better workday breakfast than baked oats. It’s like having a supercharged muffin, surrounded by and topped with delicious fruity, crunchy, nutty, chewy and creamy toppings; it’s a de –sweetened healthified dessert that is as much as a feast for the eyes as it is the tummy.
The mix of bananas, pineapple and clementine’s in my smoothie the other morning went down so well I was positively dying to give it a whirl in baked oats. I didn’t use coconut milk, but did include desiccated coconut in the oats themselves, along with banana, pineapple and clementine segments diced.
I then adorned the fruity coconutty oats with yet more of all the fruits as well as some dried pineapple, the dehydrated and not the crystallised kind, as well as some chewy dried banana (because any opportunity to eat dried chewy banana is ridiculous to even consider being passed up).
A delicious bright and beautifully fresh Friday morning breakfast (or any other morning you fancy them!). I see oats and pancakes over the weekend featuring a whole heap of the same. I’ll be the lady with the pineapple, bag of clementine’s and big bunch of bananas under my arm when I hit the shops on my lunch break today.
I hate leaving grocery shopping until the evenings. Evenings are for working out, cooking, eating, blogging and finally sleeping. There is nothing worse than running out of an ingredient at the last minute.
If I’m missing something for breakfast I have planned I’d nearly rather get up of the crack of dawn to get it then hit the shops in the early evening post work rush; I’ve no patience for traffic, queues and basically anything that requires me to sit or stand still without completing a productive task!
I plan on taking it nice and easy this weekend. Of course some yummy eats will be cooked up, but I’m all baked out (last of the cookies will be coming this evening)…ok I might be persuaded to bake just one thing more! A day off cooking is on the cards, perhaps a cinema trip and some pre birthday shopping (where I mentally take note of the items I will treat myself next Saturday seen as it’s my Birthday…any excuse! ).
Anyone have any nice weekend plans? Baked oats perhaps? [/donotprint]
Banana, Clementine, Pineapple Baked Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 25-35 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/3 small banana mashed
- 95ml (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 clementine segments diced
- 1/2 tbsp diced pineapple
- 2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 4-5 pieces dried banana
- 3-4 pieces dried pineapple
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp clementine segments
- 1 tbsp fresh diced pineapple
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and coconut.
- Mix together banana, maple syrup and milk. Add wet to dry, fold in clementine segments and pineapple. Place mixture in to a lightly greased ramekin dish. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve as is, or allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from ramekin and toast underside under a preheated grill for 3-5 minutes. Serve warm or chilled with soy yoghurt and all other goodies strewn on top and around the sides.