Pineapple, clementine’s and a big old bunch of bananas! The combination actually came about out of my strong desire to eat more dried chewy banana and also to make use of the dried pineapple that was just begging to be eaten. Now three meals in I’ve made a nice dent in the bag thanks to some preparation nibbling!
The baked oats yesterday morning went down superbly and I couldn’t wait for breakfast this morning; jumping out of bed in anticipation of an amazing breakfast is positively the best way to get an early start at the weekend. Of course before I indulged in the spectacular overnight oats parfait I hit the gym.
Overnight oats, parfait or otherwise, though the former is recommended, is the ideal breakfast to have ready and waiting post workout. By the time I get home, shower and make myself look a little bit more acceptable I’m usually ravenous and having to cook food inevitably leads to pre-meal snacking, on occasion to the extent were I end having to squeeze in my actual breakfast!
Oats, groats, pineapple, clementine’s, banana…plenty of soy yoghurt and an array of other goodies. It’s those little extra additions that make a parfait extra special. The dried pineapple and banana, brazil nuts and coconut…all that was missing was some dried clementine..if only it existed!
On typing the above I of course Googled “dried orange”…if I had a little more time on my hands, 2 and half hours to be exact, I would definitely give making dried orange slices ago!
The parfait was incredibly fresh, creamy, zingy, fruity and packed full of wonderful textures. I planted myself firmly at the kitchen table and indulged in some Women’s Health Mag. reading while I attempted to make this beauty last more than five minutes. I’m not sure how long it lasted but it was gone faster than I would have liked!
Round 4 is most definitely coming tomorrow! I have pineapple that requires eating!
What’s your favourite post workout breakfast?
Vegan Banana, Pineapple and Clementine Overnight Oats Parfait
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp diced pineapple
- 1/2 small banana thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped clementine segments
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 125ml (1/2 cup) plain soy yoghurt
- 1/2 small banana sliced
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped clementine segments
- 1 tbsp dried pineapple diced
- 1 tbsp dried chewy banana slices
- 1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 4-5 brazil nuts roughly chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup to drizzle
- Mix together all overnight oat ingredients, place in a seal tight container in the fridge overnight or for at least four hours.
- Layer parfait starting with 1/3 of overnight oats, 1/3 of soy yoghurt, 1/3 of coconut, brazil nuts, dried pineapple and banana and 1/3 of fresh fruit. Repeat twice more, topping with remaining fresh and dried fruit. Drizzle with maple syrup to serve.