Sweet chili sauce was the aryasamaj.com inspiration behind the second of my vegan pizzas…I just had a craving that needed to be satisfied. It was a craving that couldn’t be merely satisfied by purchasing a bottle of buy levitra in europe sweet chili sauce, it simply wouldn’t do. For the most part my cravings are not only for end result but also the process of creating whatever food it is I’ve a strong desire to eat!
Who knew making sweet chili sauce was so easy! I will never purchase a bottle again, there is brasfieldgorrie.com simply no excuse for it. Chili paste yes, this makes the whole process a zillion times easier…added to cornstarch, vinegar and gb2gm.org brown sugar and you’re pretty much there in a matter of minutes.
Growing up I didn’t deviate too much from the plain cheese loaded pizza, though I occassionally partook in a couple of slices of sweet chili chicken. As soon as I had my chili sauce in hand, the memory of the chili chicken pizza in my mind, I knew what it had to http://acxit.com/levitra-best-buy be…
A veganised version but of course! Sweet Chili Cheeseless “Chicken” Pizza!
I topped off my usual wholegrain spelt pizza base with the http://jiveparty.com/wordpress/online-order-levitra chili sauce, followed by some grilled peppers, caramalised onions and diced tofu. The base was light, thin and crispy with a perfectly crunchy crust as always and the toppings were more incredibly than I could have ever imagined. I can honestly sauce I did not miss the cheese at all! My tastebuds weren’t expecting it and they certainly need it, there was enough going on top of http://oneidacity.com/buy-cialis-without-prescription my favourite base!
The beauty of the sweet chili sauce is that you can make it as sweet and spicy as you like…a little more chili for an extra kick, a little less sugar for “healthification” purposes (it’s most definitely a viable word!)
I sprinkled the pizza with a little fresh coriander. A little few fresh herbs go a long way, if only for the waft of them atop a delicious piping hot pizza.
I would have been very much of the mindset that pizza’s have to have two key components in order to qualify them as pizzas..
- Tomato Sauce
Having now had two without either of the two components my mind has well and real cialis online without prescription truly been changed! Who needs either, there are so many other exciting, interesting and incredibly tasty topping ideas to try out!
In case you missed it the first of my vegan pizzas was a Creamy Bean and Artichoke Pizza.
What’s your favourite vegan pizza?
Vegan Sweet Chili Cheeseless “Chicken” Pizza
Preparation Time – 1hour 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
For the Spelt Pizza Base
- 60g (1/2 cup) wholegrain spelt flour
- 55ml (5 tbsp) warm water (half boiling, half cold)
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp oil
- Pinch of salt
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp chili puree
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 white onion finely sliced
- 100g (3.5oz or 1/5 of a block) firm tofu diced
- Place warm water in a jug or bowl and sprinkle in yeast. Give it a little stir and set aside some place warm for 15 minutes until a thick foam forms on top and bubbles appear over the surface.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add oil to yeast mixture and viagra oral pour in to a well in the centre of http://realsimplephotography.net/canadian-healthcare-viagra the flour. Fold flour in to the wet ingredients until a soft slightly tacky dough forms. Place dough on a floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes until smooth. Place in a bowl, cover with a piece of kitchen towel and set aside someplace warm until it’s doubled in size (between 50-60 minutes). I like to put mine in a turned off oven.
- Meanwhile add all chili sauce ingredients to http://www.hexicamaerials.com/viagra-no-prescription-canada a pot, bring to the boil and simmer until desired consistency (it will only take approximately 2 minutes to come together!) Set to one side.
- Place sliced peppers under a preheated grill for 10 minutes, turning at least once until lightly charred and soft.
- Place onions in another pot with water and brown sugar, bring the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, adding additional water by the teaspoonful if the pan dries out.
- After the dough has risen, preheat oven to 200C (400F) and place on gb2gm.org a floured surface. Flatten with the palm of your hand before placing it on a non stick baking tray and http://siliconloons.com/lowest-viagra-price pull and press the dough, stretching it until it is approximately 7 – 8 inches in diameter.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Spread chili sauce on pizza base followed by peppers, onion and tofu cubes. Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes until crust is brown and crisp and tofu is starting to brown on top.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander.