[donotprint] I have an extra day off work, actually I had two, I had Friday off as well meaning I’ve had myself a nice extended weekend and what better way to start the last day before returning to the norm than with a pudding for breakfast.
The chocolate, pear and pecan baked oats were incredible during the week, and I simply couldn’t wait to have the combination again, this time a little bit more luscious, more pudding like and even more chocolaty thanks to some melting chocolate chips.
Baked in the microwave for a mere 2 and a half minutes, the piping hot melt in the mouth chocolaty sponge was out of this world delicious.
The chocolate chips on top began to loss there form almost immediately with the heat steaming up from below. The breakfast bake was incredibly luscious and the perfect way to satisfy my incredibly sweet breakfast tooth.
The ripe pear in the middle, pecans running throughout and delicious array of toppings were a match made in heaven. One of the most healthy chocolaty ways to start the day!
Other things I love about extra days off…
- Everyone else is in work
- Mid morning weekday TV while I mill through my late breakfast/after workout snack
- Being able to savour my favourite meal of the day
- Morning runs (as opposed to evenings)
- A extra mug or two of hot water with lemon or tea (it’s the simple things!)
- Spending the day in baggy bottoms and a hoody
- Not having to wear any make up and putting my hair on top of my head
- Shops being nice and quiet, ripe for browsing and making impulse purchases!
- Getting to spend some extra time with my little niece Naoise!
The agenda for today includes some cooking followed by an afternoon with Naoise, no make up, baggy bottoms and hoody, hair on top of my head, I’m ready to go!
What’s your favourite thing about having an extra day off work? [/donotprint]
Instant Pear Chocolate & Pecan Buckwheat Bake
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time –2.5 minutes
- 30g (1/3 cup) buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp Dutch unprocessed cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tbsp diced fresh pear
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp chopped pecan nuts
- 3-4 pecan nuts, half chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (vegan)
- 1 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 1 small pear sliced
- Maple syrup to drizzle
- Whisk together flax and water and set to one side for 10-15 minutes, until eggy in consistency.
- Mix together flax egg with apple sauce, milk, and agave syrup.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, groats, and baking powder.
- Add wet to dry and mix the two together until just combined. Fold in pear and place in a lightly greased microwave safe ramekin. Cover with a piece of kitchen paper before placing in the microwave.
- “Bake” in the microwave on high for 2 and half minutes.
- Serve immediately with soy yoghurt and all other toppings placed on top!