[donotprint] Not baked bee bee’s…my favourite “b” beginning fruits, blueberries and banana’s baked in some delicious oats inspired and craved as a result of the amazing blueberry smoothie from a couple of week’s back.
It was a doozy! One to be repeated though the combo in the oats did quite a bit for satisfying my craving for one of my much sought after fruity combinations. Blueberries and bananas, seriously you just can’t go wrong.
Dried blueberries, dried chewy banana and flaked almonds topped the “b” filled bake off quite nicely. It was a bright beautiful morning (even if a little chilly outside) but it meant I manage to catch some nice pics of the bake. Nothing like a clear morning after a long weekend to make it that little bit easier for getting out of bed.
Epic breakfasts you may have missed over the weekend included a chocolate cherry overnight oat extravaganza followed by an equally chocolaty and quite spectacular baked brownie buckwheat pancake with a side of oh so delicious mango.
Today’s a bank holiday here which means we get an extra day off and another 4 day week (and after only a 3 day one last week thanks to my trapped nerve in my lower back…). God I’m missing running terribly but I finally went and got an assessment a programme written up for me at the gym so here’s to building some strength and muscle and working on my flexibility and hopefully getting back to running this time next week…. Fingers, toes and legs crossed!
No here’s a random question….
There is a reason for the poll. Having been to the physiotherapist late last week I’ve been told to sit with a step or couple of books under my feet to ensure they are flat, knees at a ninety degree angle as apparently my poor sitting position (legs dangling, occassionally under my bum) is playing a part in my tense and injured lower back.
I’ve been trying to train myself at home and it isn’t easy sitting correctly! Putting a laptop on your knees helps control the urge to cross my legs!
Anyway back to these baked oats! Packed with blueberries and banana, they were perfectly baked, naturally sweet and the ultimate baked oat consistency….squidgy in the all the right places [/donotprint]
Blueberry & Banana Baked Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 –35 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp frozen blueberries
- 1/2 a small banana mashed
- 100ml (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp dried blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp flaked almonds chopped
- 2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp dried blueberries
- 4-5 pieces dried chewy banana
- 1 tbsp fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1/2 small banana sliced
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Mix together all oat ingredients. Place in a lightly greased ramekin and place in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove and serve with toppings immediately or allow to cool, remove from ramekin and toast the underside under a preheated grill for approximately 3 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled topped with soy yoghurt, blueberries, banana and sprinkled with other goodies.