[donotprint] You either love it or you hate it… though I’m not sure how anyone could possibly dislike it!
Peanut Butter and Jelly! Not just the combo, but some people, some people I personally know, don’t like peanut butter…it’s beyond me.
It’s not something I eat often enough and regularly forget that such a wonderful spread, oats and smoothie topping and add in exists. And then I get a taste for it and I simply can’t get enough. The PB and Jelly Smoothie rocked my world a couple of weeks back and I had an insatiable urge to eat more PB other than straight from the spoon and so I give you some of the best baked oats EVER!
In the mix…strawberries, banana, dollop of raspberry jelly and peanut butter in the middle before piling in the rest of the oats. I should have taken a picture of the inside but maybe it’s better that you experience the amazingness yourself! I tend not to mess with my baked oat pics and I just don’t get the opportunity.
Taking pictures in the office stairwell and having to then retreat to my desk with all my wares is a little bit awkward as is. Starting to slice and dice my baked oats might just be taking it a bit too far, I’ll be getting kicked out for leaving crumbs
Peanut butter and jelly, jelly and peanut butter, whichever way you look at it or say it it’s a sure fire winner.
So bodes the question…what other PB combinations are you a fan of?
Well here’s mine (not that any of them beat PB & Jelly, especially when fruit and oats feature alongside!)
- Peanut butter and salad pita breads (grated carrot, beet, spinach + PB = Yumminess!)
- Peanut butter and banana
- Peanut butter and apple
- Peanut butter and tofu
- Chocolate and peanut butter
- Peanut butter and pancakes
- Peanut butter in a smoothie
- Peanut butter and sweet potato
- Peanut butter and spoon
What’s your favourite PB combination (aside from the clear jelly classic…) ? [/donotprint]
PB & Jelly Baked Oats
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 – 35 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaped tsp peanut butter
- 1 heaped tsp raspberry/strawberry jelly (jam)
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced banana
- 1 tbsp finely diced strawberries
- 100ml (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) almond milk
- 1 heaped tsp peanut butter
- 1 heaped tsp raspberry/strawberry jelly
- 3-4 strawberries sliced
- 4-5 pieces dried banana
- 2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Mix together all oat ingredients with the exception of the peanut butter and jelly.
- Place half of the mixture in a lightly greased ramekin. Place peanut butter and jelly in the middle before topping with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from ramekin and place bottom side up under a preheated grill to toast the underside.
- Serve topped with soy yoghurt, PB and jelly, dried banana and fresh strawberries!