…and they have about 5.5g of protein each thanks to the inclusion of two scoops of Sunwarrior Protein Powder!
I love my raw bars and although they make a great energy dense snack they’re missing the protein my muscles are craving right now. I mentioned last Wednesday that I was trying to come up with something protein rich to have as part of a night time snack and these beauties (ok maybe they’re not so beautiful!) are the perfect solution.
They taste amazing! The Vanilla Sunwarrior worked a treat and provided them with heaps of flavour. They’re also super sweet. I’ve been eating them two at a time…needless to say as I write this they are all gone and I’m making plans on the side to make another variety
The waft of vanilla out of the box where I’ve been storing them in the fridge is incredible. I usually like to savour all things sweet, or at least try, but a three bites later and I’m on to my next one of these treats. You could of course make some raw vanilla bars by doubling up on the quantities to bringing two the energy balls together.
I love being able to make sweet nutritious snacks that involve little or no effort. Ready in minutes, though better once left to firm up a little in the fridge and ideal for popping before or after the gym for an instant energy hit.
The ground almonds within provide just a hint of a tint of texture, but the end result is chiefly creamy, chewy and wonderfully fudgy.
If your looking for something quick and easy to whip up of a Monday to satisfy your sweet tooth these are clearly the way to go!
Sunwarrior Protein Powder- possibly the best discovery so far of 2012!
What are your favourite flavour raw energy balls?
Fudgy Vanilla Protein Energy Balls
Servings – 6
Preparation time – 5 minutes + 30 minutes to set (optional but recommended)
- 90g (3oz) dates
- 25g (1oz) cashews
- 2 scoops (21g *2) Raw Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein Powder
- 2 – 3 tbsp orange juice
- Add dates to food processor and process on high until they form a paste. Remove and set to one side.
- Add cashews to food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Drop pieces of the dates paste in on top of the almonds, along with the Sunwarrior and process until fine crumbs are formed. Add orange juice (I used about 2.5 tbsp) until the mixture comes together.
- Remove and divide in to six balls.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Store in the fridge.