[donotprint] Do you ever toy with the idea of make something, pin it even…
(What did I ever do without pinterest!)… yet for some unknown reason continually forget to actually get around to making it? Well it’s something I make a habit of.
I finally got around to buying a new jar of peanut butter, no added sugar or salt and 100% organic and it is mighty! I’m already half way through the jar (in one week….it’s my new record) and I’ve been putting it to good use. Not just spreading it on bagels though there have been a couple, I’ve made a few peanut buttery recipes, the first of which was my peanut butter soba noodles! About blooming time!
There are so many peanut butter noodle sauce recipes out there but in the end I decided to just wing it and hope for the best….Well the best happened! Perfectly peanutty, smooth and creamy and the 1/2 cup full (ish) was the ideal amount for me to drown my noodles in! It was experimental success number 3 of Tuesday.
Such a simple idea and so damn tasty. One or two…three spoonfuls of the sauce may have been consumed during the cooking process. It smelt so incredible, too good to resist. I made use of my soba noodles which have been staring sadly at me since I last took them out for my orangey tofu noodle salad (have to make this one again!). Or was it for the chow mein? I can’t remember and I’m too lazy to check, either way it’s been too long.
I packed the noodles full of veggies. Broccoli, red and yellow pepper and carrot and sprinkled them with fresh chili, spring onion and coriander. I only lightly cooked the veggies as I prefer them with a bit of crunch.
The combination of the creamy peanut buttery noodles and fresh vegetables with the sprinkling of chili was delicious (not to mention highly nutritious ). Such a handy quick meal to throw together and the ultimate meal for the peanut butter lover; anyone who isn’t one really doesn’t know what they’re missing!
Long gone are the days when peanut butter only featured on bread or crackers, it’s been featuring heavily in my meals over the past week. More recipes to come soon!
What’s your favourite peanut buttery meal? [/donotprint]
Peanut Butter Veggie Soba Noodles
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp natural sugar free organic peanut butter
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp minced/pureed garlic
Noodles and Vegetables
- 70g (2.5oz) buckwheat soba noodles (100% buckwheat)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 small carrot finely sliced
- 3 spring onions diced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely diced fresh red chili
- 1/2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Cover soba noodles with boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Place pepper, yellow and red, carrot and broccoli to a pan with olive oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes until vegetables start to soften. Add water, cover if possible, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Once cooked drain and add to sautéed vegetables.
- Whisk together all peanut butter sauce ingredients, place in a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Pour peanut sauce over noodles and vegetables. Serve topped with fresh coriander, spring onion and chili.