Having spent the last week catching up on WIAW recipes from last week….
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Pomegranate Orange and Mango Baked Oats
- Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa and Pinenut Salad
- Yellow Split Pea & Brown Rice Masala
I had a fantastic long weekend filled with plenty of shopping, some workout balanced with some sitting on my bum, blogging, and baking as well as a whole heap of yummy eats!
During the week I head straight in to my morning workouts. My late night eats tend to keep me fuelled and I never wake up ravenous. Staying up slightly later at the weekend, coupled with the fact that the gym doesn’t open until 10am means I always feel the need to nibble on something to keep my going during my Saturday morning workout (Sunday is always my rest day…moving as little as possible and making pancakes for breakfast being the key focus!)
A half a banana or a few dates are handy snacks to grab that don’t leave my tummy feeling dodgy but another slightly more substantial pre workout snack is one my energy and protein rich energy balls. The latest of which packs quite a flavourful punch….Cranberry Lemon and Coconut. I was well aware of the wonders of the coconut and lemon combo but the cranberry sat in there quite delightfully!
Teamed with some dates and Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein powder along with lemon juice and some vanilla extract for an extra vanilla hit…rolled in coconut….perfecto!
One week later I have on ball left (only thanks to having others to make way through this week too!). I shall be nibbling on it this evening…pre workout, post workout and of course pre sleeps time…they are the snack that fits every occasion!
I have an exciting new salad headed your way this evening. It’s another one for all those tahini and chickpea lovers out there! Make sure to check back if your interested or as chickpea crazy as myself.
Cranberry Lemon & Coconut Raw Energy Balls
Servings – 6
Preparation Time –5 minutes
- 45g (3oz) dates
- 45g (3oz) dried cranberries
- 25g (1oz) almonds
- 1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 scoops (42g) Raw Vanilla Sunwarrior
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut – for rolling
- Place dates and cranberries to food processor and process on high until they form a paste. Remove and set to one side.
- Add almonds to food processor and process until finely chopped. Add in Sunwarrior and blitz for a few seconds until flour like.
- Drop pieces of the dates paste in on top of the almonds, Sunwarrior, lemon zest, coconut and vanilla extract. Blitz until crumbs are formed. Add in lemon juice, starting with 2 tbsp and adding in a little extract to until the mixture comes together in the processor.
- Remove dough, divide in to 6 and roll in to balls shapes. Roll balls in desiccated coconut.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour minutes to firm up. Store in the fridge.