[donotprint] In general chocolate and fruit go pretty well together. Two of my favourite things, sure where could you go wrong. That said, blueberries and chocolate isn’t a combination I’ve had a whole heap of. Yes I’ve had blueberries in one hand, chocolate in the other and the two may have met between mouthfuls but I’ve never made anything with the two together; at least that I can recollect and judging by the awesome of this quinoa flake bake I’m sure it’s not something I would have forgotten!
My tropical quinoa flake bake was quite the success and I couldn’t wait to get making another one. I decided to a little bit of experimentation and used blueberry puree, along with blueberries, the quinoa flakes, cocoa powder and a good handful of raw cacao nibs for an extra hit of chocolate bitterness.
The end result was a incredible! The blueberry came through, the chocolate complimenting it wonderfully though not overshadowing it as I thought it might. The whole blueberries within burst and infused the quinoa flake bake with extra juiciness. It was positively cake like!
I topped it off quite simply with more blueberries, soy yoghurt for additional lusciousness and a sprinkling of raw cacao nibs (Oh and some dried blueberries which I almost forgot to mention )
I can’t get over how easy these are to make and how I managed to get by without them (ok so baked oats have been keeping me in sweet breakfasts during the week up to now!)
Blueberries and chocolate is definitely a combination I will be repeating very soon!
Here’s my list of must tries…
- Chocolate and Peach
- Chocolate and Fig
- Chocolate and Blackberry
- Chocolate and…Pineapple!
Vegan Blueberry Quinoa Flake Bake
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 22-25 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup blueberry puree
- 1 tbsp Dutch unprocessed cocoa
- 1/2 tbsp chopped raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1/3 tbsp dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp diced fresh blueberries
- 1-2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together all quinoa flake bake ingredients. Place in a lightly greased ramekin (I just used a bit of spray olive oil) and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately or allow to cool and serve up warm or chilled when you please with soy yoghurt on top and sprinkled with array of other toppings.