Speaking of kicks, I’m on a tofu kick once more. Once you open a packet of the good stuff it means making two tofu recipes back to back or else see it go to waste…clearly not exactly a hardship!
Bring on generic levitra effective Vegan Pad Thai! A really simple healthy balanced meal which comes together in about ten minutes flat (excluding the tofu pressing and a little bit of chopping)…call it 15 minutes, it’s hard to beat.
Super fresh and satisfying. Red peppers, beansprouts tofu, rice noodles, plenty of chili, fresh coriander and a sprinkling of toasted peanuts. A squeeze of lime and it was good to go.
Clearly not traditional Pad Thai seen as it’s fish sauce, egg and meat free! It has the noodles and cheap generic cialis india the beansprouts so I’m coining it a vegan version of brand name levitra the classic. Whatever you call it, it’s damn good!
Yes I love my salads and my grains but a girl needs her noodles! Having pretty much just had dinner as I’m writing this post, my tummy most definitely full, I’m pretty much drooling at the memory of this one and it offered a bowl full…I’d find it hard to pass up at least a few mouthfuls!
I didn’t cook the tofu for long, a quick flash in the pan with all the other ingredients, the peppers and garlic hit the wok first, followed by the tofu, beansprouts, chili soy and finally the cooked rice noodles.
You can of course add a little less chili to meet your tastes but I highly recommend just going for it. The toasted crushed peanuts on top provided a final little flourish of tastiness to bring it all together. I’d make a song and dance about most tofu dishes seen as I’m a self confessed addict but this one really is a winner!
What’s your favourite way to cook tofu? Baked, Grilled or Pan Fried… I’m not sure I could choose!
Vegan Pad Thai
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 150g (5oz) tofu pressed and diced in to bite size squares
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup beansprouts
- 60g (2oz) uncooked rice noodles
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 small red chili finely diced
- 1 tbsp toasted peanuts crushed
- 1/2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- Cover rice noodles with boiling water and thedxshop.com cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, red pepper and olive oil to a wok and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in tofu, beansprouts, chili, paste, fresh chili, lime juice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and tomato puree.
- Cook for a couple of minutes before adding in cooked rice noodles. Stir everything together and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve topped with spring onions, toasted peanuts and fresh coriander.