[donotprint] So you want a cookie, you’re in need of something sweet, yet healthy and you’d rather it already existed and was sitting in the palm of your hand making it’s way to satisfy your sugar craving.
Well you can’t just magic cookies out of thin air but you can make yourself some amazing trail mix cookies in a matter of minutes!
They’re clearly a take on some of my other raw snacks and actually taste really similar to my everything cereal bars. Super sweet, chewy, with an amazing oaty flavour. Healthy fats, natural sugar and wholegrain, what more could you want!
The mix of nuts, seeds and dried fruit was positively wonderful. They’re perfect for nibbling on straight away once shaped in to cute little rounds, though I will admit if you can resist them for about an hour they’re even better when allowed to firm up a little bit more in the fridge.
It’s the oats that make them almost taste like they were cooked. There is only one teeny tiny problem with these cookies…
They won’t last very long! But on the up side you can have another at your finger tips with a simple bit of whizzing. I munched my way through a couple post photo shoot and nibbled on the rest of them during the week as night time snack.
I love making small batches of raw cookies because it leaves more scope for making new and yummy varieties.
I kept the ingredients a little teeny tiny bit on the chunky side, or rather I just didn’t process them to a powder. Using prunes as opposed to dates made the mixture softer…they make for a fantastic naturally sweet binder. A small amount of water brought the cookie dough together. Crumble/torn apart they would make for a fantastic smoothie topping.
What’s your favourite raw sweet treat? [/donotprint]
Raw Trail Mix Cookies
Servings – 6 cookies
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 45g (1.5oz) prunes
- 45g (1.5oz) dried cranberries
- 15g (0.5oz) pumpkin seeds
- 15g (0.5oz) walnuts
- 45g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1.5 tbsp water
- Process prunes in a food processor until they form a soft paste.
- Remove prune paste and process dried cranberries until finely chopped.
- Remove cranberries and process pumpkin seeds and walnuts until finely chopped. Add in oats and process until they form a coarse flour.
- Add back in prunes paste, pulling it apart to spread somewhat evenly on to of the oats, seeds and nuts. Last but not least put the chopped cranberries back in along with the desiccated coconut.
- Process everything together until little teeny tiny pebbles form. Add in water and process until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Remove and divide in to six. Shape in to cookies. Eat straight away or place in the fridge to firm up a little more.