A delicious mixture of fresh and frozen mango and strawberries made for a super chilled, deliciously creamy smoothie bowl.
Simply topped…I love having some granola on hand for topping off my smoothie bowls, instant crunch, chewy fruity goodness.
Of course I couldn’t just leave it at that…fresh strawberries and mango along with some dried chewy mango slices sliced in strips. The combination of the strawberries and mango was divine. Incredibly fruit and creamy thanks to the inclusion of both fresh and frozen. The frozen mango was a nice freezer digging find. I’d forgotten about the half a fresh mango I had lurking in there.
I love frozen mango…pureed mango frozen is even better. Allowed to defrost a little and stirred threw plain soy yoghurt…it reminds me one of the few ice pops I used to enjoy..solero exotic explosions! (Note to self…puree mango and pineapple together and freeze for a delicious sorbet like dessert!)
I feel a mango and strawberry breakfast filled weekend ahead…pancakes and parfaits are of course on the menu.
Oh and in other news…speaking of pancakes, after my incredible raspberry chocolate extravaganza on Sunday I have come to the sad realisation that it is likely to be a while before I get to whip up another buckwheat pancake seen as I simply can’t get my hands on buckwheat flour for love nor money.
Health stores in the vicinity, I’ve tried five…, haven’t been able to get it in to stock and few have suggested the usual/main brand has been discontinued! Why I ask!?! I’m looking in to getting it shipped in from another source…that’s how much I love my buckwheat pancakes! (Not to mention buckwheat banana bread!)
Anyway buckwheat aside (not to make my lack of buckwheat flour seem anything less than highly significant and distressing!), this smoothie is incredible! I didn’t want it to end and did try and distract myself at one point in an effort to make the deliciousness last a little longer. It didn’t last long enough, I could have gone another one…luckily enough I had an amazing day of food planned and an amazing new cereal bowl coming my way shortly after
Shortly after writing this post I found out the answer to the buckwheat question…. here you if you’re interested!
Random question of the day…what’s your favourite frozen fruit?
Mango Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
Preparation Time –5 minutes
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh mango + a few pieces diced for topping
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries + 1-2 strawberries sliced for topping
- 2 tbsp fruity crunchy granola
- 1/2 small banana frozen
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein powder
- 2 sliced dried mango sliced
- 1 heap tbsp rolled oats (for a little extra staying powder – optional)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional – makes it extra thick)
- Blend together all fruits, reserving some of the fresh for topping as per ingredients, with almond milk, protein powder and oats if using.
- Serve topping with dried mango, fresh mango and strawberries and granola in your bowl of choice.