I’ve been eating cherries by the bucket load and decided it was about I make something with them other than a smoothie or sticking them in flake bakes and what not (not make them sound any less amazing then they were!)
Seen as I’m playing catch up from the weekend I figured it should share my amazing pancakes that fell on to just try! my plate on Sunday…cherry jam filled.
Oh my good Lord they were some of the best pancakes ever. Oats + Cherries… just an incredible combination.
I decided to test out a new pancake batter, grinding my own oat flour from rolled oats (something I will definitely be doing more often). Rather than my usual 5 small pancake stack I opted for some larger pancakes, three to be precise and they were nothing short of awesome!
Sandwiched in between was the quick cherry sauce/jam…basically cooked down cherries, some maple syrup, water and a little xanthan gum to thicken it up a bit – seriously magic powder.
Really ripe cherries work best as they just break down a hell of lot quicker and easier meaning no blending is required, just a little mashing.
For all the cherry lovers out there, or those in surplus, Courtney I mean you!, these pancakes are a must make. Of course I stuck with what I know best…the almond extract in the smoothie and flake bake worked so incredibly well I couldn’t not stick it in the pancake batter.
Note to self: invest in more high quality extracts! Coconut and levitra vs viagra Mint are top of stpatricksdayparade.org my list! A little drop (or two…) … the waft of the almondy pancakes was incredible and they tasted sensational. It brings a whole new dimension and experimentation basis/excuse for pancake making.
Messy but oh so delicious!
What’s your favourite fruit jam? Any extract recommendations?
Oatie Cherry Jam Pancakes
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 minutes
Cherry Jam Sauce
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries diced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 60g (1/2 cup) oat flour (60g of oats ground in to flour)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1/2 tbsp dried cherries chopped
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cherries
- 2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- Add all cherry jam ingredients to a pot with the exception of the xanthan gum. Bring to viagra soft tabs the boil, cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes until cherries have broken down. Remove from the heat and whisk in xanthan gum, return to the heat and simmer for a further couple of minutes. Jam will thicken a little more as it cools. It’s more of a jam sauce then a traditional jelly like jam.
- Whisk together all pancake batter ingredients. Spoon out 1/3 cup measures in to a non stick skillet, spreading out using the back of a spoon to desired thickness and width.
- Cook on http://excusemeletmespeak.com/levitra-without-perscription each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve pancakes layered up with cherry jam sauce in between and remaining on the top. Top with soy yoghurt, almonds, dried cherries and click now coconut to serve. Any left over goodies served on the side.