Eats have been good lately thanks to a little bit of thinking outside the box and i recommend lots of experimentation….that and making things in threes.
I’ve noticed a bit of a trend…
3 Cherry Bakewell Muffins…more on these tomorrow!
And 3 Quinoa Squash Patties!
A total coincidence? Probably but why not believe and stick with it! It just means three times the chance to experience whatever wonder has reached my plate.
These quinoa and squash patties are another hassle free, super tasty, highly nutritious snack, lunch or dinner to whip up when you fancy something a little different or you have leftovers in need of biofuelwatch.org.uk being put to good use (which is how they came about).
Red Quinoa, Roasted Butternut Squash, Onion, a little spice, flax egg to viagra online doctor bind….bundled together and baked in the oven and served with an equally simple blackberry salsa…blackberries, a little maple syrup and lime juice; perfectly fresh and http://morethantoast.org/super-cialis oh so delicious. I love combining fruit with or serving it alongside savoury dishes. I think it’s either something you either love or hate…I don’t understand the latter of course but my Dad is funnily one of those people who isn’t a fan of the sweet savoury mix.
What did I ever do trackingwonder.com before discovering flax eggs! They are a magical must have ingredient for all vegans out there and anyone just looking for a healthy switch from using eggs in baking and for binding purposes all the time.
Three pretty patties, one hungry girl…they disappeared in no time. Three is definitely my lucky number!
You learn something new everyday
Do you believe in lucky numbers? [/donotprint]
Squash and Quinoa Patties with Blackberry Salsa
Servings – 1 (3 Patties)
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15-20 minutes
- 1/2 cup mashed roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp gluten free breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp cooked mixed quinoa (red, black and cream)
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax + 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tbsp fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1/2tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Coriander to garnish
- 3 tbsp fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Dash of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together flax and water and set to one side for 10-15 minutes until eggy in consistency.
- Add garlic and jiveparty.com onion to a pan with olive oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together all other patty ingredients. Add in flax egg and mould mixture in to try it three patties. It’s easier to flatten them out a little bit more once placed on a non stick baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until crisp on the outside. Turn at least once during this time.
- Serve patties immediately with salsa, garnish with fresh coriander.
- Slice blackberries and mix with all other salsa ingreidents. Mash the berries and little.