I had a bit of disaster green monster smoothie last week when my hand blender decided to die and I had to resort to using my mum’s not so trusty or sharp 23 year old hand blender. Lets just say I was picking pieces of spinach out of my teeth and I struggled to finish it; but finish it I did but only because I couldn’t let the spinach goodness go to waste!
The bad experience just made this super smooth minty green monster even more delicious! In the mix…
White juicy peaches, frozen banana and avocado…
It was also the first time I’ve used avocado in a smoothie and it definitely made for a more filling and creamy bowl full. I also used a little of the Truvia that was sent to me to give it an extra hit of sweetness. My morning sweet tooth gets all the more demanding during the summer time for whatever reason. I think I just get accustomed to eating copious amounts of fresh juicy sweet fruit and every meal needs to incorporate a little bit of the good stuff.
It was incredible. Just sweet enough and packed full of fruity flavours with a hit of mint all topped off with my new double chocolate coconut granola. Mint and chocolate really do go so well together, and why just save the combo for after dinner!
I’ve been trying to pay a bit more attention to the nutritional content of my meals. They’re always pretty balanced and nutritiously packed but adding generous portions of super foods whenever possible can only but help me feel less stressed and more energised.
On top of the stress tactics I’d employed…a couple of other things I’ve done in the past week…
- Got a hair cut…a weight off my shoulders, quite literally! It’s amazing how good, fresh and alive a good hair chop can make you feel.
- Started drinking Vanilla Chai Tea… lots of info. on chai tea and it’s fantastic properties here.
- Began taking Korean Ginseng…which I can honestly say is definitely making me feel more energised. I’m not sure about the stress but it’s having some sort of positive affect.
- Drinking more green monsters!
- Baked a Banana Cake – of course for the stress relieving properties of bananas and not because I am a banana bread addict!
What foods do you find help you to feel more energised and less stressed?
Minty Green Monster Smoothie
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 310ml (1 1/4 cup) almond milk
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 cup chopped white peaches
- 1 tsp Truvia (equivalent of 3 tsp of sugar!)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of your favourite granola, chocolate chips or whatever toppings your heart desires
- Blend together all ingredients aside from your topping until perfectly smooth.
- Serve in a big bowl topped with chocolate granola and some extra fresh mint leaves to garnish.