Or is that just me finds the seductiveness of pineapple to much from my fruity loving tastebuds to resist?
Luckily enough I manage to set aside enough to make these fruity refreshing tropical overnight oats and if there is one fruit that works incredibly well with pineapple like no other it’s passionfruit. The intense flavour makes for an incredible smoothie and damn refreshing bowl of oats!
In the overnight mix went banana, pineapple oats, buckwheat groats (because
overnight oats just wouldn’t be the same without them), coconut, brazils and some currants…
All mixed up with some boiling water to get the soakage on and then served up chilled with almond milk. It was a dreamy bowlful. Super refreshing, zingy, fruity, yet creamy and indulgent all at the same time.
I love my overnight oats with bit of chew and texture but they have to have a bit of creaminess too. It’s a hard balance to get just right but banana in the oats overnight make for the perfect consistency once mashed through in the morning before serving.
Having overnight oats ready in the fridge for quick handy grab and go breakfast never gets old. I love mixing it up with different mix ins and now that it’s officially the summer season I feel it’s my duty to try out some new fruity creamy combinations.
Needless to say there will be lots more overnight oats over the coming weeks!
What are you favourite overnight oat add ins?
Tropical Overnight Oats
Preparation Time – 5 minutes + Overnight
- 40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 1/2 small banana sliced
- 2 tbsp diced fresh pineapple
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2 large brazil nuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp currants
- 1 tsp currants
- 1 large brazil nuts roughly chopped
- 1 small passionfruit
- 60ml (1/4 cup) almond milk
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Mix together overnight oats ingredients, place in a seal tight container in the fridge overnight or for at least four hours.
- Give oats a good mix up before serving, mashing up the banana. Serve topped with currants, chopped brazil nut, coconut and passionfruit. Drown in almond milk and give everything a good mix up before delving in.