Mouth wateringly good!
The sun is back, not with quite with avengence, but it’s making an effort to come out and play. It’s the weekend, I’m happy, I’m up early to get breakfast ready before I go to the gym and I have a fantastic new parfait to share!
Peach and blackberry overnight oats parfait with peach puree soy yoghurt. Peach and apricot yoghurts were always my favourite as a child though they had to be smooth. The little semi false tasting or perhaps dried little fruit chunks were not my idea of heaven in a tub, they just ruined the whole yoghurt eating experience.
Peach and blackberry is an incredible combination. Sweet melt in the mouth peach, bouncy beautiful slightly tart blackberries bursting with juice, layered up with the peach soy yoghurt, chopped almonds and golden raisins and of course the overnight oats.
Creamy overnight oats, mashed peach and blackberry along with a half a small banana. Buckwheat groats included for that little bit of chew.
The end result was a heavenly towering parfait that I couldn’t wait to dig in to on my return to the gym. Of course I made the usual mistake (I think I subconsciously do it intentionally!) chopped too much fruit, and poured out a little too much yoghurt, left myself a few chopped nuts and raisins and ate the mini bowlful of fruity deliciousness as a pre workout snack.
Top of my list this weekend are white flat bottomed peaches…I tried them for the first time last week from the Happy Pear and I have to get more before they go out of season!!! I also plan to get around to taking that hike I’ve been meaning to go on the past few weekends…the weather just hasn’t been complying! Rain hail or shine this weekend I’m going….well as long as it’s not lashing
Any plans for the weekend? Fancy breakfasts on the cards?
Peach and Blackberry Overnight Oats Parfait
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes + Overnight
- 30g (1/3 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 80ml (1/3 cup) boiling water
- 1/2 small banana sliced
- 1/2 medium peach diced
- 4 large blackberries sliced
- 1 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 125g (1/2 cup) plain soy yoghurt
- 2 medium peaches peeled and pureed
- 1 tsp Truvia
- 1/3 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp golden raisins chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries sliced (some whole for on top)
- 1/2 cup peach diced (some slices for on top)
- Mix together all overnight oat ingredients, put in to a seal tight container and place in the fridge overnight or for at least four hours.
- Mash up and mix oats before beginning to layer up parfait.
- Blend together all yoghurt ingredients using a hand/stick blender
- Layer 1/3 of oats, almonds, golden raisins, peach soy yoghurt and fresh peach and blackberries. Repeat twice more and top off with whole blackberries and some slices of peach and any remaining almonds and golden raisins.