Behold…Peanut Butter Blondies! I was on a mission to create something as good as the Banana Chocolate Chip BrowniesI made a while back (BEST BROWNIES EVER) which I definitely need to make another batch of.
Soft, melt in the mouth, a little crispy round the edges and ever so slightly on the surface…dense, rich and moreish. The true test of any baked good, do you want seconds…
The aroma was incredible, peanut butter wafted out of the oven and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the slab of Blondie and get to cutting to see if the texture was everything my heart desired. It was perfect. Having sliced them up, taken a few pics and put on the kettle I sat down, warm Blondie in one hand, Chai tea in the other and had my first nibble.
They’re just cakey enough, just soft enough to melt in the mouth and perfectly peanut buttery with the underlying taste of banana. The consistency is just as I’d dreamed (quite literally). Just like the Banana Chocolate Chip Brownies, almost like a soft fudge. I’ve had a couple since and they stay fresh for a good few days and are equally as divine thawed from frozen. I like them cold and warm, depending on my mood but they’re much more dessert like when given a little heating.
The only addition I would make when making them again would be either dark chocolate chips for extra melty gooeyness (I decided not to include them as I thought they might take away from the Peanut Butter flavour but who was I kidding, they would clearly just compliment it! If I could get my hands on some vegan white chocolate chips they would be the perfect little extra touch.
These Blondie’s are as easy to make as their Brown Betty sisters; very little cleaning up, just a wee bit of mixing, mashing, pouring and spreading and your pretty much done.
That’s not to say that I didn’t fall madly in love with them just as they are. Warm, served with some banana soft serve…Peanut Butter and Banana heaven if you ask me!
What’s your ideal brownie texture? I know everyone has a different preference!
Peanut Butter Blondie
Servings – 9 generous portions
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 240g (2 cups) wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 cup (approx. 3 small bananas) mashed
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (150g) Peanut Butter
- 100g (1/2 cup) raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Mix together peanut butter, sugar, mashed banana, vanilla essence and milk until smooth (I used a hand blender to get rid of any lumps).
- Place in to an 8*8 brownie square non stick brownie tray, smooth over the surface with the back of a spoon or using a spatula to ensure mixture is evenly distributed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes.
- Go ahead and slice in to nine or smaller if you prefer. Enjoy immediately or allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in the fridge once cooled to keep fresh for 4-5 days.