Fancy due to the fact that they contain cherries, chocolate and are good enough to want to bathe in (or alternatively just like the bowl clean, quite literally!).
One of the first every bowls of overnight oats I ever had were chocolate cherry. They were a hell of a lot more basic than this spectacular bowl, but nonetheless won me over and got me on the overnight oat loving gravy train with no going back.
Cherries, cocoa powder, oats and groats…topped with coconut, almonds, fresh cherries, dried cherries and chocolate chips. How anyone could not fall in love with overnight oats if presented with this bowlful would be beyond me, I think its virtually impossible, implausible…it just ain’t ever goana happen!
My cherry almond overnight oats parfait at the weekend did little to put my cherry obsession to rest; they were like fuel to the fire! I’m making the most of cherries while I have them in my possession and can continue to top up my stash pretty much every time I visit the grocery/fruit and veg. store.
Seriously dreading the day that I walk in only to find they are no more…in the meantime there is no limit to the amount I can consume!
I think it’s about time I incorporated them in something a little more savoury. I’ve only ever had them in sweet dishes and clearly just eaten a hell of a lot of them plain and straight!
All the cherry lovers out there, what’s your favourite way to enjoy them?
Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
Preparation Time – 5 minutes + Overnight
- 40g (1/2 cup) jumbo oats
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp Dutch unprocessed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped cherries
- 1/2 small banana sliced
- 160ml (2/3 cup) boiling water
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1/2 tbsp dried chopped cherries
- 6-8 dark chocolate chips
- 60ml (1/4 cup) almond milk to serve
- Mix together all overnight oat ingredients. Place in a seal tight container and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least four hours.
- Give the oats a good mix up before serving, mashing banana and stirring through. Serve topped with a couple of whole cherries, chocolate chips, almonds, dried cherries and coconut. Drown in almond milk and give everything a good whirl before digging in!