There once was a muffin top baked inspired by the usual perusing of recipes on pinterest which came together quite randomly when a 1/4 of large of zucchini was left lying on the chopping board…
A banana zucchini bread muffin top was quickly born…
Drowned in creamy almond butter, sprinkled with pecans and coconut with the rest of the small banana served on the side.
My two favourite sweet breads combined to form the ultimate healthy breakfast muffin top. All my cravings were satisfied in one go. The perfect texture, the wondrous flavour…zucchini banana bread for one made whipped up in 2 minutes flat…the only bit of waiting involved was on the oven and even that was minimal.
I thought it couldn’t get any better but of course I had to try another variation…
If there is one thing I love more than zucchini bread, more than banana bread…it’s chocolate zucchini banana bread; or so I imagined and now my well considered assumption has been most definitely proven.
Out with a little flour, in with a little cocoa powder…zucchini, banana….a pecan butter topping…
The chocolate banana zucchini bread muffin top was the second to arrive on my plate, a day later than it’s sibling!
A fudgy chocolate version, it was everything I dreamed it would be! I put the almond butter down, it wasn’t easy I assure you, and picked that pecan butter that I’ve been neglecting and packed it in my bag. That dollop on top worked wonderfully!
I’d forgotten how much I love the combination of chocolate and pecans! There is no better nut and chocolate combination! The side of raspberries was the perfect hit of fresh fruity sweetness that brought the otherwise rich dessert like muffin top right in to the breakfast/11am, second meal of the day realm!
You get the gist! I made two new breakfast muffin tops and couldn’t decide which to share first so I went with the two together. The original banana zucchini muffin top (coined the original simply because I made it first, it wasn’t a lifetime ago as the description might suggest!)
If you could choose one which one would you pick? The chocolate version can be found below? If I could half of each it would be the perfect muffin top meal! Now there is an idea [/donotprint]
Vegan Chocolate Banana Zucchini Muffin Top
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 – 18 minutes
- 1/2 small banana mashed
- 1/4 cup finely grated zucchini (drained of excess water)
- 30g (1/4 cup) wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 tbsp (10g) unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp pecan butter
- 1/2 tbsp chopped pecan nuts
- 1 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp fresh raspberries
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2-3 slices dried chewy banana
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together mashed banana, almond milk and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add wet to dry and stir well to combine. Fold in zucchini and place mixture in to a lightly greased ramekin.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes; until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve topped with pecan butter, soy yoghurt, dried chewy banana and raspberries on the side and sprinkled with coconut and pecans.