- Banana Chocolate Buckwheat Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Mango Overnight Oats Parfait
- Banana Cacao Nib Bread
- Banana Cacao Nib Quinoa Flake Bake
- Chocolate Banana Crepe Style Pancake
- Banana Quinoa Oatie Cookies
The latest creation was 100% inspired by a lady after my own heart who’s been getting a mention since I began the blog a year ago (yes I missed the anniversary of the blog due to it being down last weekend!)
I’m a big fan of buckwheat groats in my overnight oats and served in a bowl as a component of a homemade cereal bowl they’re incredible but for some reason it had never crossed my mind to cook some up for the ultimate grain free breakfast.
Of course Sonia being a genius came up with a fantastic idea which I plan on now trialling with a few other mix ins but this banana buckwheat version really is incredible! As soon as I took that first mouthful I was hooked. Rich chocolate flavour, soft buckwheat groats and creamy luscious banana. The almond milk, banana and cocoa powder forms a thick and creamy sauce enveloping the groats. The cacao nibs are a must…sprinkled on top and stirred through they add the perfect bit of crunch.
Served up with chilled almond milk, the rest of the banana stirred through and garnish with fresh mint and coconut; positively dreamy!!!
How can something so incredible be so healthy? Healthy breakfasts really don’t have to be boring. People (and I’m making a large generalisation here…) think healthy breakfast and they think bland boring porridge. I won’t even get started on the oats but seriously try this banana chocolate buckwheat and healthy breakfasts will become your favourite most exciting delicious meal of the day.
They’re so good you’ll want to have them for lunch and dinner; dare I say it they could easily pose as a dessert!
What’s your favourite banana chocolate recipe? I’d have to go with the banana chocolate crepe from above, that sauce was so dreamy!
Banana Buckwheat Breakfast Pudding (adapted from The Healthy Foodie)
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 5-7 minutes
- 1/2 small banana
- 1 tbsp Dutch unprocessed cocoa powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 3/4 cup cook buckwheat
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 banana cut in to small chunks
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- Fresh banana slices
- 3-4 pieces dried chewy banana
- Mint to garnish
- 60ml (1/4 cup) almond milk to serve
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Blend together cocoa, milk and banana.
- Add milk mixture and buckwheat to a pot and heat over a medium heat, stirring until thick and creamy; about 5-7 minutes.
- When the buckwheat is cooked, stir threw cacao nibs and banana chunks.
- Serve with chilled almond milk, fresh banana and dried on top and an extra sprinkling of cacao nibs. A little sprinkling of coconut is a nice little extra!