I hadn’t quite anticipated how incredible the texture and flavour would be. Light and fluffy and deliciously sweet; the waft of coconut from the bag was delicious!
Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour all the way from the U.S thanks to iHerb.com. My joy when I opened my box of goodies…between the Justin’s Almond Butters (Chocolate and Maple) and the coconut flour, the ground flaxseed was a little overshadowed but the convenience of not having to grind my own flaxseeds is beyond amazing!
If there is one thing better than chocolate and cherry, it’s cherry and coconut! With the i recommend last of my local hand picked organic cherries I whipped up a quick fruity sauce/jam…not quite as thick as jam, not as thin as a sauce…it makes for the perfect pancake topper!
Justin’s Maple Almond Butter got it’s debut as well (aside from the spoonful I had to taste test it straight from the jar!)…I can see what all the fuss was about! Of course I fell in love with as soon as I striped back the seal and lovelovefilms.com licked my almond butter laden finger clean. Yum!
The coconut pancake batter was quite a good bit thicker than my usual pancake batter as the coconut flour soaks up a whole heap of moisture so I add a little extra almond milk. I took head from a some coconut flour using research and added in some flaxseed meal (it was a day for new product debuts!) to work a little extra binding magic.
The end result was incredible!!! Dare I say it my favourite pancakes to http://avteq.net/women-viagra date! People have looked at me like I have two heads every time I mention coconut flour…and then I finally got around to visiting Select Stores in Dalkey and you’ll never guess what I discovered…Tiana Coconut Flour!!
Albeit a little bit pricey but oh so worth it! The store is like a dream come true…they even stock pumpkin puree!!! I shall be frequenting on a regular basis from here on in!
What’s your favourite coconut flour recipe? I have a baking experiment in the oven as I type…the waft of coconut is http://avteq.net/cialis-for-woman so alluring, I’m not quite sure I’ll be able to hold out for photos to have a little nibble!
Cherry Coconut Flour Pancakes
Servings – 1 (3 medium pancakes)
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8-10 minutes
- ½ cup fresh chopped and pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 tsp Truvia (6 tsp of http://liverpoolsunflowers.com/levitra-from-india sugar if using)
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 40g (1/3 cup) wholegrain spelt flour
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp flax seed meal
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 140ml (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp) almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- Fresh cherries
- Flaked almonds
- Add cherries, water and sweetener of choice to a pot, bring the boil, and simmer for 5 minutes until cherries have burst. Mash a little more before whisking in xanthan gum vigorously to avoid any clumps forming. Simmer for a minute or two and remove from the heat.
- Blend together all pancake batter ingredients.
- Place 1/3 cup measures (divide the batter in 3!) in to a non stick pan, spreading it out a little with the visit our site back of a spoon as it’s quite thick.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping and cooking for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Serve topped with a dollop of cherry jam and canadian healthcare viagra almond butter on each, cherries round the side, almond and coconut sprinkled on top.