Although I have a back log of recipes that I can’t wait to share sometimes something just tastes so amazing, like the corn cakes, that I get myself in a tizzy over when I will get to buying viagra without a prescription share it. Well not really a tizzy I guess, more like a child who just discovered they can tie their own shoelaces, I can’t wait to share it with the world! It doesn’t get more random than that!
It’s a mega mushroom millet meal! I’ve recently fallen rekindled my love or millet. So much better than couscous, I originally started eating it as a means to replace the wheat laden couscous that my tummy couldn’t handle; little did I know I would fall head over heals in love. Needless to say I ate it for breakfast lunch and dinner for a few days running, and then intermittently, a little too regularly perhaps, hence I got fed up and had to give it a rest.
With a new bag in hand, I’m now back in millet loving mode! If you haven’t tried it you might have seen it listed on the side of the food you’ve been feeding to the birds…well it’s not just for birds! It’s a wonderfully fluffy grain, wheat and gluten free, it cooks in 15 minutes, and is fantastic alternative to using rice, couscous, pasta or whatever your usual grain or carbohydrate of choice is as the main component or side of your favourite dish.
So lets get to the mushroom topping…stirred fried mushrooms with onion and garlic, nice meaty cremini (chestnut) mushrooms, Irish purple kale, topped off with a tahini “gravy”. All cooked in the one pan, the gravy heated and drizzled over before serving….it was delicious. A meal in minutes that satisfied on all counts. It couldn’t possibly be more fresh in my memory having literally finished consuming it a mere 10 minutes ago.
The tahini “gravy” as I’m calling it was made up of tahini, liquid aminos, black pepper and nutritional yeast. A nice savoury sauce with a slightly cheesy twist; rich, creamy and just what the mushrooms, kale and viagra purchase online millet were calling out for. It brought everything together wonderfully. Incredibly moreish and most definitely one I will be whipping up again sometime very soon!
Here’s the some of the benefits I’ve come across if you’re interested in knowing a bit more….
- Millet is alkaline and it digests easily.
- Millet will hydrate your colon to we choice keep you from being constipated.
- Millet acts as a prebiotic feeding microflora in your inner ecosystem.
- The serotonin in millet is calming to your moods.
- Millet is a smart carb with lots of fiber and low simple sugars. Because of this it has a relatively low glycaemic index and has been shown to produce lower blood sugar levels than wheat or rice.
- Magnesium in millet can help reduce the i recommend effects of migraines and heart attacks.
- Niacin (vitamin B3) in millet can help lower cholesterol.
- Millet is gluten-free and non-allergenic. A great grain for sensitive individuals.
- Millet’s high protein content (15%) makes is buying viagra without a prescription a substantial addition to a vegetarian diet.
What’s your favourite way to make use of millet? It also makes a great breakfast if you fancy a change from oats!
Speedy Mushroom Millet with Tahini Gravy
Preparation Time- 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 –20 minutes
Mushrooms and beegoodsmercantile.com Millet
- 1 cup chopped cremini (chestnut mushrooms)
- 1 clove of we like it garlic minced
- 1/2 small white onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 kale roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup millet + 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Cover millet with water, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed! Season with black pepper and set to http://www.audienceseastscotland.com/cialis-generic-india one side for a few minutes; fluff up with a fork before serving.
- Place onion and garlic in a pan with a drop of water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook for a further 5-7 minutes. Add kale to the pan and cook for a final 2 minutes.
- Whisk together all “gravy” ingredients, place in a pot and simmer for a couple of minutes to heat through.
- Add parsley to mushroom mixture and give everything a good stir.
- Serve mushrooms and kale on ccidaho.org top of the cooked millet and http://globalebookawards.com/cialis-dose drizzle over sauce to serve.