I’ve wanted a spiralizer for quite some time now, those zucchini noodles were calling my name but they’re a bit pricey for my liking and the best choice I wasn’t sure I’d make use of it enough to justify the expense. Then Angela posted about her Zyliss Julienne Cutter and of course I leaped right on recommended site over to Amazon to order myself one straight away.
Though not quite as noodle like as their spiralized counterparts, the zucchini noodles produced were pretty fantastic quick, cheap and easy alternative! I didn’t quite believe how easy it would be achieve them in such a cost effective way. I have in the past attempted to slice up my zucchini’s julienne but my knife skills didn’t live up to http://bearrealty.com/viagra-cialis my own expectations and I simply ended up with a plateful of finger length batons! Not quite the effect I was going for!
It’s incredible how the only for you way a vegetables is sliced or diced has such an effect on not only how it can be used, but I find the extent to which it is drug levitra enjoyed! Zucchini ribbons and noodles are a raw favourite of mine, though thinly sliced rounds are the perfect addition to a roasting tray or Ratatouille….then of course finely grated is a staple in both sweet breads and pancakes!!! (Not forgetting muffin tops!)
Of course the first thing I had to whip up, quite literally in minutes, was a raw zucchini noodle dish with marinara sauce!
I beefed up the marinara sauce with some cooked smashed chickpeas just to give the meal a little more staying power, but if you leave them out you have yourself a nice raw simple dish.
Sundried tomatoes made for an incredibly rich sauce, vegan parmesan over the top (nutritional yeast and sesame seeds!), fresh basil throughout and fda approves cialis on top, served up on the it's cool bed of zucchini noodles, it was one of the most speedy satisfying meal I’ve had the pleasure of devouring!
I’m officially a HUGE zucchini noodle fan! A whole new sense of awesomeness! They will definitely be featuring more often, though I think carrot noodles are most definitely next on the agenda.
What’s your favourite nifty simple kitchen gadget/tool? Don’t say a Vitamix or I will just be jealous!
Almost Raw Marinara with Zucchini Noodles
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup smashed cooked chickpeas (roughly mashed)
- 1/3 cup Passata
- 3-4 sundried tomatoes (dried type, rehydrated in water; soaked for 20-30 minutes)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely shredded basil
- Extra basil to garnish
- Peel back zucchini layers using Julienne peeler to form noodles (or use whatever method or implement you prefer). Season with a little black pepper.
- Blend together garlic, Passata, and sundried tomatoes, stir through chickpeas, basil and balsamic, season with salt and pepper and serve on top of the zucchini noodles.
- Grind sesame seeds in a coffee grinder or efficient food processor with nutritional yeast. Sprinkle over the noodles and sauce and garnish with fresh basil to serve. Stir together for ultimate enjoyment!