It worked a treat! Not only were they light and fluffy, they had that hint of www.netultimate.com cornbread texture and an incredible texture to boot!
Rather than dropping dollops of almond butter on top I went with cashew butter and boy was a I glad I did! It’s a completely under rated nut butter! I’ve fallen in love with it. I had thought it would be much too savoury but the organic cashew butter from Meridian (my favourite brand on these shores!) is incredibly creamy, the perfect consistency for spreading on top of your favourite pancake or bagel. I’d almost go as far as saying its as dreamy as No Stir Maranatha Almond Butter…and that really is saying something!
Coconut, mango and blueberries sprinkled over the pancakes made for quite the awesome plateful. They’re definitely up there with the coconut pear fig and almond ones from during the week!
I stuck with the usual small banana in the generic levitra batter; its by far the best egg substitute in vegan pancakes. A half a flax egg is sometimes called for, but a banana pureed and blended until smooth usually makes for perfect pancakes.
I could have pancakes every day of the week and I wouldn’t get bored; it would just mean I’d have to have oats (baked or whipped) for lunch or dinner!
I’ve had quite an amazing week and Sunday has kind of crept up behind me, and I’ve another busy week ahead. Photography class tomorrow afternoon – can’t wait to cunhanfeminista.org.br get my head around this SLR once and for all! There’s always room for improvement so hopefully you’ll see the results soon!
A couple of meetings during the week, work here and there and I’ve to try and squeeze in some study! Busy busy bee! The rest of today is to be spent with my favourite person…my little niece Naoise!
Hope everyone’s having a fantastic Sunday!
Ever made cornmeal pancakes? If you haven’t do, they’re amazing!
Vegan cornmeal pancakes
Servings – 1 (3 medium pancakes)
Preparation Time- 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8-10 minutes
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup chickpea (gram) flour
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 small banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup diced mango
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- Blend together all pancake ingredients until smooth.
- Place 1/3 cup measures of the batter in to a non stick pan, spreading to form nice even circular pancakes.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping and cooking for a further 4-5 minutes on the other side.
- Serve topped with a dollop of cashew butter on each, blueberries and butcherblock.com mango right the way round and coconut sprinkled on top! Drizzle with a little maple syrup if you fancy a bit of extra sweetness.