In case you didn’t know already I’m a HUGE fan of mixing sweet and savoury together and their is nothing I love more than a salad that contains a fruit component.
With my slightly unripe peaches in hand I decided to grill them up to soften them a little and give them a little helping hand in the juiciness department. It worked a treat. I delved right in before setting the others aside for a salad I’d been craving for whatever reason.
Zucchini noodles formed the base; another Summer veggie which are still in surplus. Definitely my favourite vegetable in it’s raw form. Soft yet crisp, it’s incredibly addictive and a hell of a lot easier to get through than some of it’s more crunchy fellow veggies; eating a bowl of raw carrots or broccoli is jaw workout comparable to the burpee for the body….it hurts!
Zucchini noodles, grilled peaches, lots of toasted flaked almonds (currently obsessed with them!) all mixed up with a creamy tahini and soy yoghurt dressing.
The dressing worked a treat at bringing the whole thing together. When I eat out I always ask for dressing on the side and rarely make use of it as more often than not it’s just a cup full of oil. At home I love making nutrient rich dressing that offer not only flavour, but a whole heap of other benefits…a wholefood dressing, none that empty calorie malarkey!
If your feeling a little depressed by the miserable Fall/Autumnal weather….if you’re living in Ireland it would be hard not be with the torrential rain that is dampening every inch of our shores, this is the perfect little midday escape. Fresh, fruity and quite luxurious and lusciously creamy.
What’s your favourite Summer salad that is still a staple even in the colder months?
Creamy Tahini Zucchini Noodle Grilled Peach Salad
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 minutes
- 2 medium zucchinis (yellow and green for aesthetics!)
- 2 medium peaches sliced
- Handful of rocket
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp plain soy yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel away layers of the zucchini to form wide flat noodles.
- Lay slice peaches in a non stick griddle pan and cook on either side over a high heat for 3- 4 minutes on each side.
- Place almonds in a non stick pan over a medium heat and toast for 2-3 minutes, tossing to ensure they don’t burn.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- You can either allow the peaches to cool or serve them warm in the salad. If making in advance rinse immediately under cold water to halt the cooking process and place in a seal tight container doused with a little lemon juice to prevent them going brown.
- Mix together noodles rocket and peach slices and half of the almonds. Pour over dressing and mix well, using your hands to ensure everything is evenly coated. Serve topped with remaining almonds sprinkled on top.